The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
- Sonic’s ultimate hardcover comic collection is BACK with Best of Sonic the Hedgehog Villains! This deluxe new installment to the smash-hit “Best of Sonic” series celebrates twenty years of comics, specials and mini-series with the baddest baddies the Sonic comics have to offer! Heroes are only as good as their villains, and Sonic’s world hosts some of the most fearsome and loathsome characters you love to hate! Root for the bad guy (just this once) in this Best of Villains collection featuring DR. EGGMAN, IXIS NAUGUS, the BABYLON ROUGES and many more in a must-have for any Sonic fan! Plus all-new cover art from Ben Bates with acclaimed painter Dave Devries, and insights from the Sonic creative team!
Chapter One: Mecha Sally
Lost in the Moment
Chapter Two: Ixis Naugus
Chapter Three: Metal Sonic
Forged in Fire
Chapter Four: Babylon Rogues
Babylon Rising Part 1: Remembrance
Chapter Five: Dr. Eggman
Scrambled Part 3: Line in the Sand
Scrambled Part Four: In the Name of Love
- Big Arm appears in the background of the cover despite not appearing in the pre-Super Genesis Wave Sonic the Hedgehog comics to date.
- Despite appearing on the cover, neither Mammoth Mogul nor Chaos appear in any of the volumes featured stories, though Mogul was one of those featured in the original line-up below.
- Oddly, the Amazon listing for this volume lists an almost completely different set of stories for the book, only one of which matches what appears in the actual book. This implies that the story selection may have been changed at the last minute. The reason for this is unknown, though it is possible that the reason is due to the lawsuit with Ken Penders as "Don't Call it a Comeback", "I am the Eggman", and "From the Inside Out" all involved Penders-originated characters (Robo-Robotnik and Geoffery St. John, respectively) The originally listed stories were:
- "Don't Call It A Comeback" (Sonic the Hedgehog #74)
- "I Am The Eggman" (Sonic the Hedgehog #75)
- "From the Inside Out" (Sonic the Hedgehog #220)
- "Lost in the Moment" (Sonic the Hedgehog #231) (This is the only story that appeared in the actual book)
- "Mogul Rising" (Sonic the Hedgehog #184-#185)
- "Sonic Riders" (Sonic the Hedgehog #163-#164) (It's worth noting that a footnote in Volume 5 of the Sonic Universe Graphic Novels stated that the story would be appearing in this book, again implying a last minute change)
- "Unthinkable" (Sonic the Hedgehog #234)
- Like Volume 1 before it, a softcover edition of this volume was planned for release after it's initial hardcover release. However it was one of the many graphic novel releases to be notoriously delayed in the first quarter of 2014. Its initial release was to be in February 2014, before being pushed back several times eventually to September 2014, before finally being cancelled. Its originally intended February release was promoted in Sonic Super Special Magazine #10 where a selection from "Babylon Rising: Part 1" was printed. The softcover edition also appeared in the "upcoming releases" section of proceeding graphic novel volumes, and was even available on the Archie Shop for pre-order for several months.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.