Best of Sonic the Hedgehog Rivals was the intended third volume in the Best of Sonic the Hedgehog trade-paperback series published by Archie Comics. After numerous delays, listings for the book soon vanished with a release seeming unlikely.
- For the first time ever comes a collection of the best Sonic comics to feature Sonic’s rivals in a trade paperback edition. The third in a series of Best of Sonic graphic novels, The Best of Sonic the Hedgehog 3: Rivals helps celebrate 20 years of the beloved videogame character’s comic book adventures. Previous editions of this series were first released as a hardcover, followed by a trade paperback six months later. This edition is a trade paperback original with no hardcover. As such, demand for this trade will be much higher than previous trades in this series. After twenty years of comics, specials and mini-series, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG has told hundreds of stories. Through the laughs and thrills, the action and adventure, the highs and lows, some stories stand out among the rest. Sonic the Hedgehog can leave Eggman in the dust, but his rivals give our hero a run for his money! From his fiercest competitors to his deadliest enemies, this collection will keep the blue blur on his toes!
- Had it been released, this volume would have been the first Best of Sonic the Hedgehog volume to be released directly to softcover.
- The cover of this issue shows Scourge the Hedgehog, one of the many characters thought to be banned from the comics due to the Ken Penders lawsuit.
- The cover of this volume shows Sonic using the Boost.
- According to later solicts, Silver the Hedgehog was one of the rivals planned to be featured in the book, taking the place of Scourge.
- Though the original solict stated that no hardcover would be released, listings for the book indicated a hardcover release was planned.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.