Belinda is a thin humanoid goat of average height with brown fur, a tan muzzle with a black nose, and blue eyes. She has long hair that she keeps together in a braid, curved ears and stubby white horns on top of her head, and a short bushy tail. For attire she wears a straw hat with a light blue band and a yellow flower, a long green dress with a darker green upper section that depicts butterflies, a yellow necktie, white gloves, a brown belt with a side pocket braided with a flower, and brown shoes.
When Knuckles began hanging around Charlie, Belinda invited him over for dinner, much to Charlie's grief. After being told by Knuckles that Charlie had been fired from his job though, Belinda had enough of her husband's meek disposition and kicked him out. However, when Charile stood up to Knuckles by becoming a supervillain, Belinda took him back. As Charlie lost to Knuckles, Belinda faked a truce with Knuckles and praised her husband's growth and new career choice.
Belinda is a good hostess as seen when she invited whom she thought to be her husband's friend over for dinner. However, she can be quit short-tempered and assertive. She also has little tolerance for people unwilling to stand for themselves or too meek to speak their mind. Showing a sense of maliciousness, she displays an affection for violence and has an evil laugh. She can also be dishonest when she has to, like when she faked a truce with Knuckles for Charlie's sake.
The supervillain Charlie is Belinda's husband. The two of them are very close, although they have their share of arguments. Originally, Belinda had a problem with her husband's unwillingness to stand up for himself, which eventually made her kick him out. However, she took Charlie back after he proved his assertiveness by becoming a supervillain. Afterwards, their bond became stronger than ever as Belinda not only praised her husband's growth, but also lied for him so he could remain a villain and keep tormenting Knuckles.
- Belinda's character model is derived from Lady Goat's.
- Despite being a goat, Belinda does not bleat during her sentences like Lady Goat. This is because the writers for the Sonic Boom television series does not want to use the same joke for two characters.
- Belinda received her name as a part of the contents for season two of the Sonic Boom television series rather than season one.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (14 November 2015). Retrieved on 14 November 2015. “Bill Freiberger: Charlie's wife is named Belinda.”
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Grenier, Benoit (7 November 2015). "Counter Productive". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 51. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (7 November 2016). Retrieved on 8 November 2016. “James Mom: James Mom asks, "If Belinda, Charlie's wife, is a goat, how come she is not bleating like Lady Goat while talking?" / Bill Freiberger: We're doing that joke with Lady Goat so there's no need to have another character have the same trait.”
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (18 November 2016). Retrieved on 21 November 2016. “Berber Pipo: But i didn't know charlie's wife name before you told me, does that mean she didn't have one before? / Bill Freiberger: She got her name in season 2. She didn't have a name in season 1.”