"Beginnings" is the first episode of the Sonic Underground television series and the first of three episodes in the "Origins" miniseries. It first aired on 4 April 1999 in France and on 30 August 1999 in the United States. It was included in Volume 1 and Dr. Robotnik's Revenge.
- Bartleby (First appearance)
- Dingo (First appearance)
- Dr. Robotnik (First appearance)
- Ferrell (Only appearance)
- Freedom Fighters (First appearance)
- Uncle Chuck (Only appearance)
- Lady Windermere (First appearance)
- Oracle of Delphius (First appearance)
- Queen Aleena (First appearance)
- Sleet (First appearance)
- Sonic Underground (First appearance)
- Sonic's adopted parents (Only appearance)
- Swatbots (First appearance)
- Destroyer (Only appearance)
This episode explains the origin of Sonic and his siblings and how they banded together to reunite with their mother. Queen Aleena tells the story of how Dr. Robotnik took over planet Mobius and how she had to give up her three children–Sonic, Sonia, and Manic–to fulfill a prophecy that one day the siblings will be able to rise against Robotnik's rule and restore peace to the planet. This episode also shows where Sonic, Manic, and Sonia end up living. Sonia is left on Lady Windimire's doorstep. Sonic lived with two Mobians who ended up getting roboticized, forcing Sonic to live with Uncle Chuck. But when Manic is left on a doorstep, he is kidnapped by thieves, who raise him in their ways. The Hedgehogs find each other and see their guardians roboticized, and discover more about their mother.
- When the photo of the Sonic Underground is shown, they are not babies, but toddlers. Aleena separated them when they were babies.
Title in other languages
|French||On reprend au début||Let's take back to the beginning|