The Beetle Bot is a character that appears in the Sonic Boom franchise. It is a mass-produced, beetle-based Badnik model created by Dr. Eggman, and one of the doctor's newest classes of robotic foot soldiers.
Based on the Japanese rhinoceros beetle, the Beetle Bots have almost ovoid-shaped figures, their head and body being nearly indistinguishable. On their heads they have red head armor, a gray jaw, and grey and black gun-like protrusions on their "mouth". They also have a long black horn shaped like the letter "Y" with yellow tips, cyan eyes, and two cyan forehead lights. They also possess a black abdomen and a pair of cybernetic wings, both of which are covered by a pair of red elytra with white tops and cyan outlines on the ends. Finally, they have six black legs attached to their body by grey joints, each one having red armor on the lower half and two yellow claws. Their front legs in particular have thicker armor and a cyan outline.
Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice
In Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice, the Beetle Bot made a cameo appearance amongst the sneak peaks at the concept artworks for the second season of Sonic Boom. Its concept artwork can be unlocked with one hundred Ragnium shards in Sonic's Shack.
Powers and abilities
As per their design, the Beetle Bots can achieve flight with their wings. They can also be fitted with a tether carrying an attraction ray for picking up objects.
- The Beetle Bots were first revealed in concept art featured in Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice.
- The Beetle Bots were the first new Badniks revealed in the concept art from Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice to appear in the Sonic Boom television series.
- The Beetle Bot Bots were the first new Badniks introduced in season two of Sonic Boom to not engage in battle during their debut episode.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (3 January 2017). Retrieved on 1 January 2017. “Alexander Soerensen: Good episode. Questions: 1. Is stony lonesome the Village's only jail? 2. What are Eggman's new beetle-bots called? / Bill Freiberger: Stony Lonesome is a slang term for prison, not the actual name of the Village jail. They're called Beetle Bots.”
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Shriver, Pauk (31 December 2016). "In the Midnight Hour". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 60. Boomerang.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Sanzaru Games (September 27, 2016). Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice. Nintendo 3DS. Sega. Level/Area: Sonic's Shack. "Season 2 Exclusive: Minions, the New Class: Eggman hasn’t just been resting on his laurels during the hiatus between Sonic Boom seasons 1 and 2. Our favorite evil madman has been hard at work crafting a brand new class of minions. They’re bigger, meaner, and more dangerous than ever. …But don’t worry, Team Sonic will still tear through ‘em like tin foil (the cheap dollar store kind, not the name brand stuff)."