The Beat Monster, also known as the Tailgator, is a vehicle that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog series. It is Vector the Crocodile's personal sports car that is styled after Vector's own appearance.
The car features a front grill resembling crocodile fangs and a pair of large speakers on its rear, has three red spikes on its back, and is decorated with gold, similar to Vector's own attire.
In Team Sonic Racing, Vector makes his car racing debut with the Beat Monster as the leader of the newly formed Team Vector to join Dodon Pa's racing competition in order to win the large prize money.
- The Tailgator's name is a wordplay on "tailgating", which commonly describes the behavior of driving dangerously close behind someone, not leaving them any space, and "alligator".
- Advertisements found on various tracks in Team Sonic Racing illustrate earlier concepts of the Tailgator, with notable differences such as the car lacking its lower set of teeth, the spikes on the back of the car being white instead of red, and the auto paint having different tones of green.
- The advertisements also state that the Tailgator is "from Donpa Motors."
- ↑ Team Sonic Racing official website (Japanese). Characters. Sega. Archived from the original on 1 February 2019. Retrieved on 1 February 2019.
- ↑ Media:Team_Sonic_Racing_-_The_Tailgator.png
- ↑ 4gamer preview of Team Sonic Racing. Twitter (12 September 2018). Retrieved on 21 October 2018.
- ↑ Sumo Digital on Twitter. Twitter (16 August 2018). Retrieved on 29 August 2018.
- ↑ Brian (22 August 2018). Team Sonic Racing reveals first Story Mode details, new character Dodonpa. Nintendoeverything.com. Retrieved on 29 August 2018.