The Battle Kukku Empire (バトルクック帝国 Batoru Kukku Teikoku?) is a political body that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog series. It is an imperial army of belligerent bird warriors lead by the Great Battle Kukku.
Though very little is known about the Battle Kukku Empire's form of government, it appears to be an autocratic one, as it was implied that the leader is a dictator. The empire has a massive army of antropomorphic birds, and possesses a large variety of weapons and battle mechas.
In Tails Adventure, the Battle Kukku Empire invaded Cocoa Island to uncover the Chaos Emeralds, which had lain hidden there for ages, to conquer the world. Launching a large-scale assault, the empire's leader, the Great Battle Kukku, sent his mining troops to dig up the entire island in order to find the Emeralds. However, Tails managed to defeat the armies. Eventually, he infiltrated the armada's base of operations, the Battle Fortress, and defeated the Great Battle Kukku, finishing the empire's operations on Cocoa Island for good.
Armed forces and enforces
- Rock Throwing Combatants
- Combat walker types
- Combat hover pod types
- Combat mini-sub types
- Cannon launcher types
- Bomb Throwing Combatants
- Sniper Kukkus
- Jumping Combatants
- Little Kukkus
- Flying Bombers
- Pilot Combatants
Fleets and cruisers
Piloted mechs and vehicles
In other media
Books and comics
In the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics, the Battle Bird Armada originally stem from an ancient culture often referred to as the "Babylonians." While half of these ancient people embraced travel and independence, the other half adopted a strict militaristic lifestyle under the Battle Kukkus. Looking to unify their people, the Battle Bird Armada joined the Eggman Empire for support. Essentially a chapter within the greater Dark Egg Legion, the soliders of the Armada enjoyed advanced technology and weaponry. The Armada succeeded in locating and raising the lost city of Babylon Garden with the aid of the Babylon Rouges, severely damaging New Mobotropolis in the process. However, thanks to Sonic and the Babylon Rogues, the city and the Armada's flying were crashed in the mountains.
- The organization has never given official English name in western instruction manuals of Tails Adventure. North American instruction manual of Sonic Gems Collection refers members of the empire to as Kukku bird troops or simply Kukku, though it is not clear whatever it refers the whole empire as itself.
- Tails Adventures (Sega Game Gear) Japanese instruction manual, pgs. 5-6.
- テイルスアドベンチャー. Retrieved on 18 May 2015.
- Tails Adventures (Game Gear) Japanese instruction manual pg. 28.
- Japanese titled enemies of Tails Adventure listed on the GHZ.
- Sonic Gems Collection (Nintendo Gamecube) North American instruction manual pg. 14.