Like their name says, the Ball Bots are white spherical robots. They have a black equator and a single red eye with a black frame and a slit-like pupil. Their size varies however, from being about a meter in diameter to about the size of a basketball.
A quartet of Ball Bots were used by Dr. Eggman to attack Team Sonic. However, they were no match for the heroes, who used them against Eggman. The heroes even used a Ball Bot to decorate for New Year before turning it into a New Year's Eve ball.
The Ball Bots would fight Team Sonic again later on, one time with Giant Robot and another during a raid on a toy-and-game factory, only to get destroyed in each encounter. When Team Eggman was assembled, the Stunt Bears were given Ball Bots to use. As the Stunt Bears' team faction ambushed Amy and Sticks with the Ball Bots though, the girls took the villains out using the Ball Bots.
A Ball Bot would be pitted against Team Sonic by Dr. Eggman during an attack, only for it to get damaged and be wielded by Knuckles. Having enough of Eggman's callous attitude later on, the Ball Bots joined Orbot and Cubot's strike action while also scorning Eggman's replacement lackeys. As they were about to give up though, Eggman cracked and agreed to treat them better (but still without respect). Some Ball Bots would soon after engage Team Sonic again, but got taken out by Sticks.
When his plan to demolist the Village legally failed, Eggman called in several Ball Bots to do it anyway. However, Sonic, Tails and Knuckles took out most of them while the rest got crushed when Eggman "retreated." A few Ball Bots also came with Eggman when he joined T.W. Barker's Circus of Wonders. These robots fought Team Sonic (while aiding the Stunt Bears) when the heroes crossed the circus, but left with Eggman when he got sent into a sleepwalking trance. Having improved his Ball Bots' durability, Eggman had one engage Knuckles when he executed his next plan. Knuckles, however, destroyed it with one punch. Later on, while holding Mighton and Bolts captive in his lair, Eggman had his Ball Bots fight Team Sonic when they came to rescue his prisoners, but the Ball Bots quickly got smashed. The Ball Bots soon after fell under Hypnobot's command when he and Eggman made an alliance. Joining the villains' army for an invasion of Morristown, the Ball Bots met opposition from Team Sonic and their allies after arriving in the city, until the heroes fell back when Hypnobot began turning the robots in the city against them. However, the Ball Bots got beaten back when Team Sonic returned with Team Cybonic as support and Hypnobot got destroyed, leaving those left to retreat with Eggman.
Back in the lair, when Eggman's Anti Gravity Ray got stuck on Cubot in high gear and messed with Cubot's mind, a few Ball Bots got called in by Eggman to help the doctor when he got caught in his device's anti-gravity field. However, they too got caught by the device. As Cubot and the device then got sucked out of the lair through its tube system, a Ball Bot got pulled along before a larger one plugged up the tubes. The former Ball Bot would then float along with Cubot until Team Sonic grounded it. Afterward, Eggman had a Ball Bot help his robots turn his lair away from the Sunday breeze manually. Eggman later fought Team Sonic with several Ball Bots, all of whom got destroyed by the heroes. When Eggman then had to keep Sonic from delivering the doctor's order from Meh Burger to his lair within three minutes, in an attempt to humiliate Sonic for his incompetence at delivering his order on time, a trio of Ball Bots would serve as obstacles at Eggman's lair. However, they could not keep Sonic from arriving on time.
Incapable of speech, the Ball Bots are normally relentless in battle, single-minded and unquestioningly dedicated to Dr. Eggman's orders. However, they do possess an AI that grants them a degree of free will and emotional capabilities, allowing them to make their own choices and express themselves. Regardless of this, the Ball Bots are weak-willed and depend on Eggman to avoid being sent to the scrapheap, meaning they cannot act independently for long before coming groveling back to the doctor.
Powers and abilities
The Ball Bots are capable of levitation, a skill which they use to ram their opponents from midair, and can attack by rolling over their opponents. After Dr. Eggman upgraded them, the Ball Bots have gained greater-than-average durability, although foes of Team Sonic's caliber can still destroy them with one attack. As Eggman robots, they are also able to receive power remotely from Eggman's lair.
Akin to the Badniks, the Ball Bots are easily overpowered and very fragile: one blew up from hitting a tree and another was easily pierced with a wooden pole. This weakness was somewhat compensated for after Dr. Eggman upgraded them however. Also, the Ball Bots' design make it easy for opponents to use them as makeshift weapons and projectiles against other opponents.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Beardmore, Marie (14 January 2017). "Strike!". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 62. Boomerang.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Harrison, Reid (8 August 2015). "New Year's Retribution". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 38. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harrison, Reid (10 October 2015). "Fuzzy Puppy Buddies". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 47. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (17 October 2015). "Designated Heroes". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 48. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (14 November 2015). "It Takes a Village to Defeat a Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 52. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (24 December 2016). "I Can Sea Sonic's Fear From Here". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 59. Boomerang.
- ↑ Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (28 January 2017). "Knuck Knuck! Who's Here?". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 64. Boomerang.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (11 March 2017). "Unnamed Episode". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 70. Boomerang.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Burke, Kevin; Wyatt, Chris (8 April 2017). "Muckfoot". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 74. Boomerang.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Saisselin, Peter (29 April 2017). "Do Not Disturb". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 77. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (6 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 1". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 78. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (27 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 4". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 81. Boomerang.
- ↑ Beardmore, Marie (29 July 2017). "Eggman's Anti Gravity Ray". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 90. Boomerang.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (10 September 2017). "Vector Detector". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 96. Boomerang.
- ↑ Gutierrez, Freddie (30 September 2017). "Three Minutes or Less". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 97. Boomerang.
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (4 March 2017). "Blackout". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 69. Boomerang.