Backbone Entertainment was an American video game developer based in Emeryville, California. The company was formed in 2003 as the result of a merger between developers Digital Eclipse and ImaginEngine. It is known for publishing games such as Frogger and Yaris, and developing titles such as Bomberman Ultra, G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
In 2005, Backbone merged with The Collective to form Foundation 9 Entertainment. In 2005 the company merged with another video game developer, The Collective, Inc. in Newport Beach, CA to form a new conglomerate, Foundation 9 Entertainment. The Foundation 9 Entertainment conglomerate continues to use the Backbone Entertainment brand for its original titles, the Digital Eclipse brand for its arcade emulation titles, and ImaginEngine for many children's titles.
- Sonic Riders (Game Boy Advance) (cancelled)
- Sonic Rivals (2006)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (iPod) (2007)
- Sonic Rivals 2 (2007)
- Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (2009)
- Sega Vintage Collection (PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE Arcade)
- Backbone Entertainment at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.