Auto is a character that appears in the Mega Man comic series and the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. He is a robot mechanic created by Dr. Light and a big fan of Mega Man.
Auto was helping Dr. Light in Light Labs to investigate the mysterious robots that stole a gemstone from the First National Bank in Mega City. After Mega Man chased down the thieves into a magical ring, Auto, Dr. Light, and Roll tried to create a portal leading back into their world from the world Mega Man went to. Because of this, Mega Man, Sonic the Hedgehog, and, unbeknownst to the former two, a robot, came back into Mega City to finish the fight.
After Mega Man and Sonic made a truce and saved Tails, the three went to Light Labs only to find Dr. Light getting kidnapped by Bass and Metal Sonic. The three heroes were too late to catch Dr. Light in time. Auto then helped Mega Man, Sonic, Tails, Proto Man, and Rush to access the Skull Egg Zone in order to save Sonic's friends and Dr. Light. Auto and Roll stayed behind to fix and protect the lab, only for Duo to appear minutes after Dr. Light sent a message to the robot. Auto and Roll soon opened a portal to the Skull Egg Zone for Duo to aid the heroes.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #248, "When Worlds Collide Part Three: No Holds Barred"
- ↑ Mega Man #25, "When Worlds Collide Part Four: Through the Looking Glass"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #53, "When Worlds Collide Part Eight: Liberation"
- ↑ Mega Man #27, "When Worlds Collide Part Ten: No Holds Barred"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #8, "Worlds Unite Part Two: Broken Heroes"