Artika is a location that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is a vast region on Sonic's World which is covered in snow and frosty weather. It is home to the Artika Egg Army.
Rotor the Walrus grew up in Artika where he was raised by his father Tundra the Walrus and an unnamed mother. After enduring his fathers abuse for some years, Rotor ran away from home and traveled to Westside Island in search of a new life.
Some time later, the region came to be home to a division of the Egg Army led by Tundra. The Death Egg was docked here for a time, which allowed Sally Acorn to infiltrate it and steal valuable files. Dr. Eggman later arrived here and was provided with a transport to reach the Death Egg by Tundra and his troops. The Death Egg subsequently took off from this region in order to escape the effects of the Shattered World Crisis. Rotor later returned to this region with Sonic the Hedgehog to acquire the Gaia Keys from the local key guardians, only to run afoul of the Egg Army, leading Rotor to a tense reunion with his estranged father, whom he was appalled to discover had become an Egg Boss. The two heroes imprisoned with Jari-Thure and Sarianna; the key guardians they were seeking. As night fell, Sonic used his Werehog form to break them all out, allowing Sonic and Rotor to press onward after the couple handed over the keys.
- Artika is based from the real world continent Arctic.
- ↑ Ian Flynn (12 September 2015). Solicits: StH#280, SU#83, SSD#15. BumbleKing Comics. Archived from the original on 2 November 2015.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog/Mega Man X Free Comic Book Day 2014, "Rotor–The Exiled Inventor"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #255, "Countdown to Chaos - Part Three: The Rabbot"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #256, "Countdown to Chaos Finale: The Princess and the Hammer"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #276, "Cold Hearted"