- This miniseries takes place between Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 29 — Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 30
Southern Crossover - Part Two
- Writer: Mike Gallagher
- Pencils: Mike Gallagher and Dave Manak
- Inks: Harvo
- Colors: Barry Grossman
- Letters: Mindy Eisman
- Editor: Scott Fulop
- Managing Editor: Victor Gorelick
- Editor-in-chief: Richard Goldwater
Tails is continuing to work on his comic, "Tails to Astonish", while riding on the back of Fluke the Blue Whale. Tails and the rest of the Forty Fathom Freedom Fighters finally reach Downunda and part ways. Meanwhile, Crocbot and Robotnik plot to intercept Tails. Tails is attacked by a pack of Wing Dingoes who quickly overwhelm him. However, the Downunda Freedom Fighters come to his rescue. They beat the dingoes into submission, except for Guru Emu, who suggests they reason with the robots. While the team tries to help Tails on his feet, the Alpha of the Wing Dingo pack kidnaps Wombat Stu. The team heads after Stu while Walt Wallaby stuffs Tails in his pouch to take him to "the old man".
Dr. Robotnik demands a status report from Crocbot, who is certain of his victory. When it turns out his dingoes have been thrashed, Crocbot claims he's having "technical difficulties" and smashes the monitor he was using to communicate with Robotnik. While the connection is down, Crocbot ties up Wombat Stu to try and save face with Robotnik. Robotnik tells him that the cargo blimp will be landing soon and that they'll be disengaging the cloaking device. The Downunda Freedom Fighters find out about the blimp and head out to stop Crocbot from getting the payload.
Meanwhile, Tails wakes up inside a giant crater. He wearily follows the sound of chanting to find a set of statues based on the Ancient Walkers. An old echidna draws out from the shadows and asks if Tails is the "chosen one". His name is Athair, and he claims to be Knuckles' ancestor and seeks to answer questions surrounding Tails' destiny.
- Tails is brought to Downunda by Big Fluke.
- Tails is brutally attacked by Crocbot's Wing Dingoes, but is rescued by the Downunda Freedom Fighters.
- Downunda Freedom Fighter Wombat Stu is captured by a Wing Dingo and taken back to Crocbot
- Tails is delivered to Athair in the Great Crater to heal, while the Downunda Freedom Fighters proceed to attack Crocbot's base
- Sonic Checklist: A comic subscription page for subscribing to:
- 6 to 12 future issue of the main Sonic the Hedgehog comic book series.
- All three issues of the Princess Sally miniseries.
- All four issues of the Sonic the Hedgehog miniseries.
- Sonic & Knuckles.
- Sonic the Hedgehog Triple Trouble.
- Knuckles' Chaotix.
- Sonic the Hedgehog In Your Face!
- Issue 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 12, 14 and 15 of the main Sonic the Hedgehog comic book series.
- De-Tails: A "Tails-version" of Sonic-Grams that includes:
- Dr. Robotnik has a Sega Genesis with a Sega CD attachment in his lair.
- Crocbot's lair is based on the Sydney Opera House in Sydney, Australia.
- Page sixteen references a previous battle between Crocbot and the Downunda Freedom Fighters. This battle would be briefly depicted years later in Sonic the Hedgehog #103.