- This miniseries takes place between Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 29 — Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 30
Southern Crossover! Part I
- Writer: Mike Gallagher
- Pencils: Mike Gallagher and Dave Manak
- Inks: Harvo
- Colors: Barry Grossman
- Letters: Mindy Eisman
- Editor: Scott Fulop
- Managing Editor: Victor Gorelick
- Editor-in-chief: Richard Goldwater
- Special thanks to: Jennifer Hunn, Cynthia Wilkes and Susan Reyes of SEGA
Tails is sitting on a dock while he draws a page of his comic, "Tails to Astonish". He's keeping his comic pages with other important papers, documents Robotnik dropped after Tails met Auto-Fiona. He quickly hides his papers when Princess Sally arrives to chat about Tails' Sea Fox submarine. Feeling that everyone treats him like a child, Tails grumpily sets off in the Sea Fox to have his own adventures.
Elsewhere, Robotnik's supply blimp is fully stocked and ready to go. He explains that he is sending the blimp to aid his global domination ambitions and resupply his new Regional Underboss - Crocbot, and the blimp is cloaked so it can only be seen from below. Not long after, Tails spots it from below while it crosses the ocean. He finds out the blimp's destination before being shot down. Tails recovers and defeats the attacking SWATbots, but Octobot has hidden himself in the Sea Fox and drags Tails down below the water.
In Downunda, Crocbot receives a transmission from Robotnik to confirm his supplies are on their way and sends his pack of Wing Dingoes out to meet it, laughing about how he intends to covert the incoming SWATbots to his cause and overthrow Robotnik. Meanwhile, Tails is surprised to find that not only is he alive and above the water, but he's in the company of a chirpy non-poisonous manta-ray called Ray, who explains how the two tailed freedom fighter was saved by the Forty Fathom Freedom Fighters. Unfortunately for Tails, the Sea Fox was totallyed in the scuffle. Tails complains about how he's stuck on an island in the middle of nowhere. However, it turns out the "island" is Fluke the Blue Whale, who offers to take him to Downunda.
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Captain Super Fox-Man (First appearance)
- Sally Acorn
- Sonic the Hedgehog (in the introduction, Tails to Astonish, and Tails' imagination)
- Rotor Walrus (in Tails to Astonish and Tails' imagination)
- Fiona the False Fox (Flashback only)
- Crocbot (First appearance)
- Wing Dingoes (First appearance)
- Forty Fathom Freedom Fighters: (First appearance)
- Tails sneaks away in his Sea Fox to embark on a third adventure.
- Dr. Ivo Robotnik dispatches a blimp full of weapons and supplies to his sub-boss Crocbot in Downunda.
- Tails discovers the blimp but is attacked and nearly drowned by Octobot, with the Sea Fox badly damaged.
- The Forty Fathom Freedom Fighters rescue Tails and defeat Octobot.
- Tails remembers fighting Robotnik and Fiona the False Fox and finding Robotnik's supplies list, which both happened in Sonic the Hedgehog #29, "Growing Pains! Part 2 of 2".
- Rotor gave Tails the Sea Fox in Sonic the Hedgehog Triple Trouble, "Submersible Rehearsal". Although Sally ordered Rotor not to put any oil in it, Tails acquired some in that story too. In this issue, Tails also alludes to the broken Chaos Emerald episode, which occurred earlier in the Sonic Triple Trouble special, in the story "Tttriple Tttrouble".
- Tails previously fought Octobot in Sonic the Hedgehog Triple Trouble, "Submersible Rehearsal".
- Sonic Checklist: A comic subscription page for subscribing to:
- 6 to 12 future issue of the main Sonic the Hedgehog comic book series.
- All three issues of the Princess Sally miniseries.
- All four issues of the Sonic the Hedgehog miniseries.
- Sonic & Knuckles.
- Sonic the Hedgehog Triple Trouble.
- Knuckles' Chaotix.
- Sonic the Hedgehog In Your Face!
- Issue 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 12, 14 and 15 of the main Sonic the Hedgehog comic book series.
- De-Tails: A "Tails-version" of Sonic-Grams that includes:
- When a SWATbot defies Doctor Robotnik's orders, Robotnik quotes "[his] friend Darth", saying "I find your lack of faith disturbing" while throttling the SWATbot. This is a reference to Star Wars, when Darth Vader says the line while Force choking an insubordinate officer.
- After Octobot is crushed by Fluke, he sings the chorus of the song "Daisy Bell". This is the same song that HAL 9000 sings in 2001: A Space Odyssey while being deactivated.
- The De-Tails section of the comic mistakenly refers to Crocbot as 'Crockbot'.