The Naugus Trilogy - Part I - In Search Of...
- You've been waiting for this moment and now it's finally here... IXIS NAUGUS!!! Sonic and Tails confront the sorceror savant to the treacherous regions of the Southern Tundra. Have our freedom fighting duo reached Ixis in time? What secrets lie within its icy wake? Whatever it is, Ixis has travelled the world to find it and he won't let anything get in his way.
Tales Of The Freedom Fighters - On His Majesty's Secret Service - Part IV - The Mission
- St. John's team are instructed on their first assignment.
The Naugus Trilogy: In Search Of... - Part One
- Writer: Karl Bollers
- Pencils: Steven Butler
- Inks: Pam Eklund
- Colors: Ken Penders
- Letters: J. P. Money
- Editor: Justin Gabrie
- Managing Editor: Victor Gorelick
- Editor-in-Chief: Richard Goldwater
Sonic and Tails arrive in the Southern Tundra, convinced that they've reached their final destination in the search for Ixis Naugus. Tails, however, is worried about how they'll escape the frigid wasteland. The Power Ring that allowed the Winged Victory to fly lost its power when they landed, leaving them with no way to leave the tundra. Sonic encourages his friend, knowing that Naugus will try to manipulate their fears in the coming battle. While Sonic gives Tails a pep talk, the duo are secretly being watched; high above the planet another mysterious satellite activates, locking on to its targets below. Sonic and Tails are suddenly caught in a small avalanche and quickly identify the culprit: Naugus.
The dark wizard mocks the heroes, claiming that they are helpless without the Sword of Acorns to aid them. Sonic nicks him with a snowball, but flies right through the wizard when attempting to charge him directly. Naugus reveals that he can transform into any of the four major elements: Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water. Sonic nearly runs off a cliff, but soon leaps back up when he hears Tails cry for help.
When Sonic arrives, he finds Tails frozen solid in a block of ice with a monstrous figure firing a flamethrower at the frozen fox. Thinking the monster is attacking Tails, Sonic retaliates while an amused Naugus wagers that the large Mutate will easily defeat the hedgehog. Just then, a massive avalanche is triggered just above the group, burying all four of them. The Mutate emerges with a senseless Sonic and Tails in tow, using his cybernetic legs to fly up to a large fortress built into the nearby mountain.
Entering a laboratory inside, the creature is hailed by a diminutive Overlander who addresses him as Eddy. Examining the unconscious pair, the Overlander determines that they couldn't have been responsible for an earlier attack on the castle. Sonic and Tails wake up and the Overlander is startled, mistaking Sonic for Jules Hedgehog. Sonic demands answers, only for Eddy's flamethrower to activate and produce a flaming mass that transforms into Naugus. Naugus identifies the Overlander as Nate Morgan and declares that he is the key to taking control of Mobius.
- Dr. Ivo Robotnik (mentioned)
- Eddy the Yeti (first appearance)
- Ixis Naugus
- Jules Hedgehog (mentioned)
- Knothole Freedom Fighters
- Maximillian Acorn (flashback)
- Nate Morgan (first appearance)
Races and species:
- Prime Zone
- The shoulder pads of Tails' jacket resemble Bumpers, specifically their design from the original Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Nate Morgan, who debuted in this story, is based on a conceptualized character from the Sonic the Hedgehog television series, where he was described as a wizard-like figure in the show's bible.
Tales Of The Freedom Fighters: Geoffrey St. John "On His Majesty's Secret Service: The Mission - Part Four"
- Writer, Inks & Colors: Ken Penders
- Pencils: Art Mawhinney
- Letters: Jeff Powell
- Editor: Justin Gabrie
Princess Sally heads to Castle Acorn to confront her father, King Acorn, about recent events. She demands to know what's going on, but the king simply tells her that he's looking out for the best interests of the kingdom. Sally asks why Geoffrey St. John seemingly outranks her, and the commander himself asks the king's permission to explain things to the princess. The king refuses his request and instructs St. John to meet him in the briefing room. Sally demands once more to know what the king is planning, but King Acorn tells her one last time to focus on reconstructing Mobotropolis and nothing more.
Thinking of how much Sally's stubbornness reminds him of her mother, the king greets the members of the Royal Secret Service and prepares to assign them their first mission. He explains that, some fifteen years ago during the Great War, Mobotropolis came under attack by overlanders. Geoffrey's father reported to the king that the castle was no longer safe. Queen Alicia suggested that the king retreat, fearing that the Kingdom of Acorn would fall without his wisdom. Informed that their route to Knothole had been blocked, the king decided to charge St. John with escorting the queen to safe refuge at their home on the Floating Island.
The king explains to the group that they had received intelligence after driving back the overlanders that the queen's convoy had been shot down. He is now willing to look renew the search due to new information that may lead them to the queen. With this, he tasks the Secret Service with their first mission: find out what happened to Queen Alicia Acorn.
- Alicia Acorn (flashback)
- Amadeus Prower (flashback)
- Ian St. John (flashback)
- Julayla Chipmunk (flashback) (mentioned)
- Jules Hedgehog (flashback)
- Maximillian Acorn
- Rosie Woodchuck (flashback) (mentioned)
- Royal Secret Service
- Sally Acorn
Races and species:
- Prime Zone
- Great War (flashback)
- Find Your Name In Print Page
- Sonic Fan Art
- "Where's the missing orange?" contest rules
- Maximilian Acorn: I've said my piece, daughter! That will be all!