- This issue takes place after Archie Knuckles' Chaotix.
A Robot Rides the Rails
- The return of Rebel Underground leader Geoffrey St. John leaves Sally's heart torn between two loves... If the rest of her isn't torn apart by Robotnik's deadly mech-monster: Dynamac 3000!
A Robot Rides the Rails
- Writer & Pencils: Ken Penders
- Inks: Jon D'Agostino
- Letters: Mindy Eisman
- Colors: Barry Grossman
- Editor: Scott Fulop
- Managing editor: Victor Gorelick
- Editor-in-Chief: Richard Goldwater
While on an information gathering mission in Robotropolis, Sally discovers that a train is leaving for the western part of the continent. Eager to stop it, Sally boards the train. Nicole scolds her for going on an adventure without backup, but Sally tells her that Rotor is tracking them and is probably organizing the Freedom Fighters to assist them. The group realizes the train is probably carrying the Dynamac-3000, Robotnik's latest super robot, and boards their plane to join up with Sally while Sonic runs ahead. Sally finds Dynamac and attempts to scan it, but is subdued by a mysterious figure. Sonic reaches the train, but is shot down by its defense systems.
Sally's assailant is revealed to be Geoffrey St. John. Sally asks what he's doing here, but he just gives her a kiss. She pushes him away and demands answers, and Geoffrey reveals that the Rebel Underground has also been making plans to destroy the Dynamac-3000. Meanwhile, Sonic recovers from his run in with the train and is picked up by the other Freedom Fighters. At the same time, Geoffrey's men cut the power in the engine compartment. This activates Dynamac's fail safe systems, bringing the robot online. Tails drops Sonic on top of the train just as Dynamac bursts through the roof. Dynamac swats Sonic down into the car below, where he runs into Sally and Geoffrey. Sonic nearly starts an argument with Geoffrey when Dynamac changes into the form of a giant spider and grab's the Freedom Fighters' plane.
Sonic and Geoffrey start bickering, but Sally swiftly tells them to put a lid on it. Sonic wants to go after Dynamac, but Geoffrey insists that they need to wait for his team mates to finish their objective. They consult Nicole, who reveals the information they gathered in Robotropolis contains information on the Dynamac's weak spots: it has poor anticipatory abilities and it can be deactivated by plugging a pulse scrambler into the back of its head. Just as Nicole finishes explaining, Dynamac grabs Sally. Both Sonic and Geoffrey's attempts to free her are ineffective. Deciding that they need to work together, they head to the roof and rescue Sally while the Freedom Fighters draw the Dynamac-3000's attention. Sonic inserts the pulse scrambler, allowing Rebel Underground agents Dolph and Jean-Claude destroy the robot with their guns.
Sally and Geoffrey decide to use the now-abandoned train to nick supplies from Robotnik and the Freedom Fighters board their plane. Sally and Geoffrey kiss each other goodbye, prompting a bit of a negative response from the other Freedom Fighters. Sonic thinks Sally's just trying to make him jealous.
Lost... and Found! - Part One
Knuckles continues his search for the missing Chaotix members and the mysterious Archimedes. He decides the best place to search is in the ancient ruins nearby. Archimedes is watching him via a surveillance network. Archimedes laments that Knuckles is unable to even see what's right in front of him as he passes by a sign reading "Grand Conserve." Knuckles continues walking through the night, searching for his friends.
Tundra Road - Part One
Woken from his sleep by the sound of an old radio going off, Rotor is visited by Sonic and Sally. At first dismissing the noise because of the device's antiquated and sentimental nature, Rotor is shocked when his mother's voice once again comes through. Heading to the command center, the trio discovers that there is indeed a radio signal coming from the Frozen North Sea. With Sally's blessings and Sonic's confusion, Rotor sets out alone in his Bathysphere, piloting it through the Undersea Canal Grid to reach the Frozen North Sea.
Once there, he finds the Walrus Herd, but to his shock they are in some sort of trance. Robotnik's voice comes on over a loudspeaker, and the herd is directed into a cave by Icebots. Playing along, Rotor discovers that Robotnik has used a Neuron Bomb to short circuit the herd's minds, leaving them pliant to his commands. Revealing his plan to have them freeze all of Mobius, Robotnik is then alerted to Rotor's deception. The Walrus Freedom Fighter flees, only to be hit in the head by an Icebot club and is left sinking into the depths of the sea.
The Adventures of Scott and Paul
- Art: Bill Golliher
Dawn Spaziante runs into Scott Fulop's office to tell him that the first issue of the Knuckles Miniseries is ready for print. She ends up running into him and bonking him on the head.
- The Rebel Underground and Knothole Freedom Fighters team up to defeat the Dynamac-3000.
- The Walrus Herd is revealed to be under the control of Dr. Robotnik.
- An in-story maze in Tundra Road - Part One for the readers to solve.
- In small print on the cover the train says Robotnik express. This was also the name of an episode in the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon.
- The plane used by the Freedom Fighters is an upgraded version of the plane shown in Issue 25.
- This is the first time that Sonic and Geoffrey St. John meet, thus starting a rivalry over Sally's heart that will span many future issues in the series.
- Dynamac's design differs between the cover and his appearance in the issue.
- The first two pages of "A Robot Rides the Rails" appear to be printed out of order, with the second page taking place just before the first and the third page continuing the dialogue from the first page without any form of transition.