Saturday Night's Alright For A Fight!
- Sonic, having lost his memory and being duped by Robotnik, has managed to penetrate the defenses of Knothole and plans to make quick work of his former allies. Is there anyone who can stand up to our renegade rodent and help him see the error of his way? Or has Sonic's betrayal spelled the end for the good guys?!
Growing Pains - Part One
- Tails, still upset at Sonic for beating him up in the previous story, and resentful of Sally for keeping the Sea Fox in dry dock as a “floating crib” sets out on his own!
Cover Corner Box
Saturday Night's Alright for a Fight!
- Writer: Ken Penders
- Pencils: Art Mawhinney
- Inks: Rich Koslowski
- Letters: Mindy Eisman
- Colors: Barry Grossman
- Editor: Scott Fulop
- Managing editor: Victor Gorelick
- Editor-in-Chief: Richard Goldwater
An amnesiac Sonic attacks Sally and Rotor in Freedom HQ, believing that they're evil rebels trying to overthrow Dr. Robotnik's government. Sonic easily takes down Rotor, but Sally puts up a fight. Tails and Bunnie are stunned to see them fighting, and Bunnie quickly rushes in to help Sally. She, Sally, and Tails manage to restrain their friend and beg him to stop, but he uses his speed to spin around send the trio flying, knocking out the girls. Tails manages to stay in the air with his flight, but is quickly taken down when Sonic hits him with a Spin Dash.
While most of the Freedom Fighters down and out, Robotnik tells Snively that Sonic's job isn't finished yet. He recaps his plan from the previous issue and says their only problem is that the Freedom Fighters have a jamming signal in place that's making it impossible to home in on Sonic's location. Suddenly the camera connected to Sonic is cut off and the lights in Freedom HQ go out. Antoine, Hamlin, Penelope, and Ario ambush Sonic in the dark, but he easily takes them out one by one. Just before he can turn the lights back on, Dylan tackles Sonic, knocking him out.
Sonic wakes up some time later with Sally and Rotor watching over him. He says he doesn't remember what he's been doing. Rotor finds Robotnik's tracking device and Sonic, apparently having regained his memories, quickly snatches the device and sets out to make up for almost leading Robotnik to Knothole Village. Back in Robotropolis, Robotnik supposes they likely won't learn any more information from their bug and decides to send out his demolition tractors and hope for the best. To his surprise, Sonic emerges from the tree stump entrance, and Snively detects the transmitter is still active on him. The tractors are sent after Sonic, who leads them towards a nearby cliff. The Freedom Fighters set off an explosion under the cliff, causing the tractors to fall over the edge before Robotnik can call them back.
Growing Pains! - Part 1 of 2
Sonic is chasing after Tails, trying to explain he only attacked him earlier because he had amnesia. Tails does not care about Sonic's explanation and runs away. Having grown tired of the other Freedom Fighters treating him like a child, Tails sets sail in the Sea Fox once again to have his own adventures. However, he's secretly being observed by Dr. Robotnik, who installed a camera in a tree near the dock where the Sea Fox was kept. Robotnik decides to take advantage of the situation by deploying a leftover Auto Automaton, with which he hopes will help bring down the Freedom Fighters. Some time later, Tails comes across an island that doesn't appear on his maps. He hears a cry for help from the island and heads over to find the source.
He finds a girl, Fiona Fox, tied to a palm tree and instantly falls in love. Tails unties her and ends up tongue tied before they share a romantic time together. They kiss, frolic along the beach, carve their initials into a tree, share a coconut milk drink, and then kiss again as the sun sets. Robotnik is disgusted and determines that the time has come to spring his trap. "Fiona" directs Tails into her den, which turns out to be the entrance to a Roboticizer. Robotnik slams the door shut just as Tails enters. Tails watches in horror as his new girlfriend is revealed to be an Auto Automaton, programmed to lure Tails into the Roboticizer. Robotnik has Fiona activate the device, leaving Tails apparently doomed to join his girlfriend as a robot.
The Adventures of Scott and Paul
- Art: Bill Golliher
Scott and Freddy clear up some confusions.
- While under amnesia, Sonic unwittingly helps Doctor Robotnik beat the Knothole Freedom Fighters, believing the doctor to be the hero.
- After getting hit in the head and regaining his memories, Sonic and the Freedom Fighters defeat Robotnik.
- Tails leaves Knothole.
- Tails encounters the Auto-Fiona.
- Sonic-Grams: All the details about the Tails mini-series.
- Robotnik refers to the Fiona robot as the leftover Sally duplicate from the Princess Sally mini series, but this is retconned as the robot duplicate of the real Fiona Fox that was created in the Prison camp where Sonic, Mighty, Ray and Fiona were taken to.
- The title is a spoof of the song "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting" by Elton John.
- While Tails frolics with the robotic Fiona, Robotnik mentions that there would be no way to tell him that he is in danger. He then references the term MacGuffin, coined by Alfred Hitchcock. He even mentions the director's name directly.