- The 'Countdown' is over, the 'Chaos' has just begun! 'Damage Control': The shattered world is causing chaos everywhere, and Station Square is about to implode! Sonic and the Freedom Fighters must spring into action to save the day, unless someone beats them to the punch. Cue: Dr. Eggman. Will the evil doctor be the one to save the world? Or will his newfound power give him ultimate control? Covers by Rafa Knight and Lamar Wells!
- Writer: Ian Flynn
- Pencils: Evan Stanley
- Inks: Terry Austin
- Colors: Steve Downer
- Letters: John Workman
- Assistant editor: Vincent Lovallo
- Editor/Executive Director of Editorial: Paul Kaminski
- Editor-in-chief: Victor Gorelick
- President: Mike Pellerito
- Publisher: Jon Goldwater
- Special Thanks to: Anthony Gaccione and Cindy Chau at SEGA Licensing
The story begins with Team Freedom and Team Fighters trying to save Station Square from the chaotic damage made by the tremors. As the team works to rescue the city, they also try to rescue Twinkle Park, which is being flooded. Sally has a conflicting breakdown with herself, but Nicole and Cream are able to set her straight and back on her feet.
Meanwhile, Dr. Eggman, Orbot, and Cubot are looking at the massive damage made by the tremors. The doctor finds some information on Prof. Pickle at Spagonia University, and sends his troops out to capture anything and anyone to do with said professor.
Back at Station Square, Sonic is having a hard time rescuing a child and a young Mobian from a flooded building. Unusually fatigued, he almost transforms into what is assumed to be the Werehog, but is rescued by his team before the transformation is fully complete. Sonic vows to rescue everyone and everything, until an Omochao tells him it "won't be necessary". Amanda Tower of G.U.N., the "voice" of the Omochao, thanks them for their support and for rescuing the civilians.
Later, while Nicole and Cream are talking with the King and Vanilla, Sonic openly admits he's tired, which is rather strange for someone like himself. Later, as Sonic feels his teeth because of his recent incomplete transformation, Tails admits he's worried about their past alternative lives, but Sonic tells him not worry. However, when Tails wasn't looking, an expression of worry is evident on Sonic's face. Sonic, knowing for a fact that there is something very wrong with him, asks to talk to Chuck at Spagonia University. Muttski answers the call on his Miles Electric, in horror and shock. He worriedly cries out that Eggman had kidnapped both Professor Pickle and Chuck, as well as all their samples and tests.
Sonic and Eggman are together in a scene, with Sonic expressing excitement over a new adventure beginning, while Eggman is just glad that the revisiting of old material has ended. Sonic jokingly asks if Eggman "like(s) retro"; the scene then shifts to a black and white scene with cartoonish versions of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy running away from a pajama clad Eggman who yells "I greatly dislike that Needlemouse!!!"
- If you look closely, you can see Green Hill Zone in the back of the main cover.
- Several advertisements appear throughout the city of Station Square. Some include (but are not limited to) a spoof of the The Lost World: Jurassic Park with an insignia of Sonic on the advertisement (which is a nod to Sonic Lost World) and a Chao in Space 3 advertisement.
- Several cameos are made in this issue:
- Silver the Hedgehog's parents (Richard Erin and Deborah Erin) from Evan Stanley's fan comic Ghosts of the Future make a cameo appearance during the scene when Rotor is directing the rescue operations outside of Twinkle Park (albeit slightly recolored).
- Sissel, Lynne and Missile from Capcom's Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective can be seen during the Twinkle Park evacuation.
- Chuck Thorndyke and Ella from Sonic X make background appearances.
- Sara from Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie makes a background appearance.
- Honey the Cat, Namco/Bandai's Klonoa, Misty from Pokemon, and Internet critic Linkara of Atop the 4th Wall fame (who did a review of "The Last Game Cartridge Hero" from Sonic Live!) make background appearances.
- Later on September 15, 2014, an episode of AT4W had Linkara reviewing Sonic Super Special #7. The episode had a cameo by Evan Stanley, as well as pointing out Linkara's aforementioned cameo.
- While the rest of the Freedom Fighters use newly designed Extreme Gear, Amy is shown to use her game counterpart's Pink Rose.
- Big is the only game character to use an Extreme Gear in this issue, who does not have one in the games.
- Two of the websites that Eggman opened on the Eggnet are called "Eggwiki" and "Eggle" which are based on the websites of Wikipedia and Google, respectively.