- “Otherside, Part Two”: Sonic’s plan to find help on the mirror world of Moebius backfired and now he’s fighting for his life! Back home, the Suppression Squad has had enough but are two teams enough to stop King Scourge? All this, plus you won’t believe who makes his big debut this month! Surprises abound in this issue!
Otherside Part 2: Cross World Conflict!
- Writer: Ian Flynn
- Pencils: Tracy Yardley
- Inks: Jim Amash
- Colors: Josh Ray
- Letters: Teresa Davidson
- Editor/Managing Editor: Mike Pellerito
- Editor-In-Chief: Victor Gorelick
- Special Thanks to: Kristen Parcell & Cindy Chau at Sega Licensing
Rosy the Rascal attacks Sonic the Hedgehog with her mallet, but misses her strikes while Sonic tries to convince her to stop. Rosy doesn't care if Sonic is a "good guy", as she just wants to smash "Sonics" like her "Scourgey". Rosy's alternate counterpart, Amy Rose, then tries to convince Rosy not to attack her, as they are essentially sisters, but Rosy tries to smash her nonetheless and chases Amy up a curtain as Buns Rabbot in her Omega Care Unit attempts to help.
At Freedom HQ, Scourge and the rest of the Suppression Squad are waiting for Miles Prower's return, with Scourge growing more and more impatient. Fiona Fox then spots Miles beings pursued by the Knothole Freedom Fighters. He makes a rushed entrance into Freedom HQ and, after ignoring Scourge and Fiona's questions, tells Princess Alicia that their "plan" was a total success, and she and the other members get ready to show Scourge what they really think of him.
Back in Moebius, Buns manages to subdue Rosy with her quick-drying riot foam, but Rosy quickly frees herself by smashing the now hardened riot foam. Amy then takes on Rosy mallet-to-mallet and tells Sonic and Buns to find Dr. Kintobor's Globe Posts while she distracts Rosy. Buns is concerned for Amy going up against her psychopath counterpart, but Sonic assured her that Amy can handle herself. Buns leads Sonic to a lab Miles and Boomer had set up before she got kicked out. Luckily, the Globe Posts were there and still active. Sonic went through the posts to Freedom HQ to see how things are going back home. He arrived at Freedom HQ to see the Freedom Fighters and Suppression Squad fighting a losing battle against Scourge and Fiona. NICOLE quickly explains the situation. Sonic tells Nicole his mission was a partial success and asks her to keep the posts up as he joins the brawl. However, Fiona Fox gets in his way. Sonic is surprised to see she was not part of the mutiny, and she explained that she does not owe Mobius Prime anything after everybody she trusted burned her, so she was not going to trust or rely on anyone anymore. Sonic then states that she seemed to be trusting Scourge a whole lot, causing her to cry and tell Sonic it isn't like that, of which Sonic said "You keep telling yourself that."
Meanwhile, a defeated Amy runs into the lab as Rosy managed to break her Piko Piko Hammer. Rosy follows her into the lab and knocks Buns out of the way. Before Rosy could smash the Globe Posts, Buns knocks her aside. Buns then tells Amy to get through the Globe Posts and tell Sonic to hurry up and get back here while she holds off Rosy, who then crushes one of the Omega Unit's arms. Amy does so, and Sonic, realizing he took too long, knocks Fiona out of the way with a spin-dash and goes after Scourge. Boomer then used his cannons to knock both hedgehogs out while Miles threw them into the Golbe Posts portal. Sally, shocked, demands Boomer to tell her what's going on. Boomer explains Scourge it Sonic's problem now and shuts down all the posts. Back at Anti Castle Acorn's lab, Amy helps Sonic to his feet just as Scourge wakes up. Buns, in her wrecked Omega Care Unit, then warns all of them as Rosy prepares to strike.
Around the same time, in the Kingdom of Mercia, Mari-An asks Rob o' the Hedge why he is awake at Never Lake. Rob says there is a "figure upon the water" and tells her to go back to look after Little Jon. Mari-An refuses, as she doesn't want him to face unknown figure alone and Jon is already asleep. Rob lets her stay and asks the figure why it is here. The figure asks if he is Sonic the Hedgehog. Rob says no, but he knows him. The figure asks if he could take him to Sonic. Rob admits he can, but wants to know who the figure is. The figure reveals himself to be Silver the Hedgehog and he must find Sonic, as their future depends on it.
- Buns Rabbot
- Doctor Ivo Kintobor (Mentioned)
- Knothole Freedom Fighters
- Rosy the Rascal
- Mercian Freedom Fighters
- Silver the Hedgehog (First appearance)
- Suppression Squad
Sleepless in New Megaopolis
- Story: Ian Flynn
- Penciling: Jon Gray
- Inking: Jim Amash
- Color: Aimee Ray & Josh Ray
- letters: Teresa Davidson
- Editor: Mike Pellerito
- Editor-In-Chief: Victor Gorelick
Snively Robotnik is sulking in the Eggdome in New Megaopolis while his crazy "uncle", Dr. Eggman, rambles on about how Sonic always destroys his "perfect" machines. He ponders why he is still here and remembers he came to his uncle for power. Eggman notices that Snively is not listening to him, and tells him to take his "ugly, useless carcass elsewhere" and throws a wrench at him.
Snively then wanders the halls of the Eggdome, thinking about when the Eggman Empire was powerful with a virtually unstoppable army, and how they now had nothing more than the Dark Egg Legion. He comes across Lien-Da talking with another Dark Legionnaire. He tells them that as his "subordinates" they should salute as he walks by, but Lien-Da says they serve Eggman and are as much a subordinate as Snively himself is. Snively then continues to walk and ponder, thinking he cannot takeover the empire when it's falling apart, especially with Eggman keeping a close eye on him when he is not "babbling nonsense". Snively then walks into the Egg Network Room thinking that he cannot return to the Knothole Freedom Fighters after destroying their "clubhouse" and cannot start fresh in another part of the empire with Eggman's Sub-Bosses running loose.
He then begins a routine progress check using the Egg Network to see if he can make contact with any of them, and one by the name of "RF" from the "DKA" logs on saying that the local resistance is still keeping her and her forces at bay, and asks how things are going at the heart of the empire. Snively tells her that things are going terribly as the Freedom Fighters are taking them apart piece by piece. Snively continues to talk with her and starts to feel a connection as they are on the same "wavelength", and she appears to reciprocate it. "RF" then tells Snively that she will try to tie up some loose ends and come over to New Megaopolis to help get things in order, much to Snively's delight.
- Prime Zone
- The title of the story is a pun on the movie Sleepless in Seattle.
- This story features a map of Mobius. However, it mistakenly places the "Land of a Million Lights" where the "Lethal Radioactive Zone" should be. This also could be a retcon.
- This story marks the first concrete evidence of Eggman's deteriorating mental state.
- On the computer screen that Snively is using in the second story, the initials DKA:RF appear before the other person's comments. It is likely that this stands for Dragon Kingdom Area: Regina Ferrum, which provides readers with the information that will be revealed at the end of Sonic the Hedgehog #200.
- Scourge: (after punching Boomer) @#$% traitors! (punches Bunnie) I took down a whole planet! A planet! (kicks Alicia) And you morons think you can take me? Me?! (kicks both Miles and Tails) Sonic can't take me! And you still want to take me out?! (gives Boomer a shoulder in the gut) You could have served the baddest king ever! Now you're just gonna get served!
- Fiona: Every time I trust somebody, I get burned! You, my parents, my partners, Everybody! So you know what? For once I'm not trusting and relying on anyone!
- Sonic: Except Scourge. You sure are fighting awfully hard for him.
- Fiona: (crying) It's not like that!
- Sonic: You keep telling yourself that.
- Rob: Halt! You trespass upon sacred water! State your business!
- Silver: Are you Sonic the Hedgehog?
- Rob: Nay, but I know him.
- Silver: Can you take me to him?
- Rob: In truth I could, but who art thou?
- Silver: I am Silver the Hedgehog and I must find this "Sonic". Your future depends on it.
- Snively: As my subordinates, I expect you to salute when I come by!
- Lien-Da: We serve your crazy uncle, same as you. Get in line. (Legionnaire beside her blows a raspberry)
- The bottom part of Rosy the Rascal's face is mistakenly colored peach on the cover, while in the actual issue itself, it is colored a pasty white.