- “A Bold New Moebius Part 2: Duality”: Worlds collide as Sonic and the heroic Freedom Fighters throw-down with the evil Scourge and the villainous Suppression Squad! Tensions run high as personal grudges come to light, and the fate of Freedom HQ hangs in the balance! Who will win this epic struggle? The answer may surprise you!
Bold New Moebius Part Two: Duality
- Writer: Ian Flynn
- Pencils: Tracy Yardley
- Inks: Jim Amash
- Letters: John Workman
- Colors: Josh Ray
- Editor/Managing Editor: Mike Pellerito
- Editor-in-Chief: Victor Gorelick
- Special thanks to: Kristen Parcell, Dyna Lopez and Cindy Chau at Sega Licensing
Sonic the Hedgehog asks Scourge the Hedgehog if this invasion was his idea. Scourge corrects him; he is King Scourge now. After a joke from Sonic, Scourge then attacks him while saying that he's superior. Since they are equals, and Sonic's the "Hero of Mobius", that means he can be just as powerful. So he left to go to his world, conquered it in a few days and made the inhabitants hail him as King. Scourge then says they are no longer their 'evil twins', and he and his Suppression Squad will take over their world. Sonic, unfazed, says he and the Freedom Fighters are going to defeat them, new look or not. Rotor Walrus tells Nicole that he's glad to be sidelined since he doesn't want to be in the middle of a brawl, as the two groups charge at each other. Each counterpart confronts each other, with Sonic and Sally working together against Scourge and Alicia.
Meanwhile, the Chaotix are still fighting the Dark Egg Legion in New Megaopolis. Dimitri lectures Knuckles on continuing attacking the city since he's done so much damage already. Lien-Da remarks "he's just a good lap dog for the Republic of Acorn". Dimitri then asks why he isn't on Angel Island since it is clear of his enemies and if he's just greedy. Julie-Su retorts that Dimitri sold out their people. An annoyed Dimitri then tells the Legion to open fire. The Chaotix evade the attack and after a little pep talk from Vector, Knuckles tells the Chaotix they can take the Legion as they leap into action.
Back at Freedom HQ, Sonic nearly sends Scourge through a Star Posts portal until Fiona pulls Scourge back and asks him what to do. Scourge, angered at almost getting sent back, tells his team to get their act together. After a short pause, the Suppression Squad heads back into the fight with new determination. Rotor asks Nicole if she could call the Chaotix back, but she tells him she can't. Nicole tells Rotor to get to safety since he is still recovering and has his duty to the Council of Acorn. Rotor leaves in tears and tells Nicole to keep an eye on the team. Fiona sees him leaving and tells someone to stop him. Miles (Anti-Tails), tries but is knocked back by Tails. Sally asks Alicia why she is not leader and she tells her things got shuffled around and "survival's more important than titles".
Bunnie tells Antoine to change opponents but he tells her that he will still fight Patch. Bunnie tells him she knows what he did, but he can't be bent on revenge. 'Twan tells her he can't go on if he took his wife away too. Boomer (Anti-Rotor) then restrains Antoine while Patch D'Coolette makes ready to kill Bunnie, but Sonic knocks out all three. After that, Scourge ambushes Sonic while Amy Rose comes to his aid, she is knocked back by Scourge. Sonic counters and says that he hopes the Chaotix are doing better than they are...
Back at New Megaopolis, the Chaotix are doing very well in taking on the Dark Egg Legion and taking on Dimitri's scorpion body. Lien-Da frantically asks Snively for help but says what he said before, they are the standing army. Julie-Su takes out her sister's pod and tells Saffron she's clear. Saffron, Ray, and Charmy fly out of the exploding tower and the Dark Egg Legion retreats. Knuckles, after congratulating the Chaotix for a successful mission, talks to Dimitri stating that he's not a general and that Dr. Eggman is just more likely to lose. Dimitri then tells Knuckles through sarcasm that he makes it sound as if he's purposefully helping defeat the Eggman Empire before retreating. After contemplating Dimitri's words, Knuckles says the team should head back to Freedom HQ.
Back at Freedom HQ, everyone is still fighting as Sonic notices that the place is getting beat up. Sonic tells Sally they need a plan of action and she tells everyone to fall back to the common room. Sally tells Bunnie to get a shield to buy some time. Sally tells Sonic they are retreating back to New Mobotropolis much to his objection. Sally reasons that they caught them by surprise and that there might not be a Freedom HQ if they hold out longer. Bunnie is then overpowered by Boomer's sonic cannons and knocked backward. Scourge then taunts Sonic, asking if they played too rough of which Sonic says they'll be back before leaving. The Chaotix rush over to meet them and Knuckles asks what happened. Sally tells him that it was an invasion from the Antiverse. Julie-Su asks Bunnie if she's hurt. Bunnie says she's fine, but they lost Freedom HQ. Sonic then says it's a temporary loan, and he'll take it back soon.
- Dark Egg Legion
- Enerjak (Mentioned)
- Knothole Freedom Fighters
- Snively Robotnik
- Suppression Squad
- When Fiona grabs Scourge away from the Globe posts, her left arm is missing, only her hand is visible.
- Sonic: I'm guessing this home invasion is your bright idea, Scourge?
- Scourge: That's "King" Scourge, Sonic.
- Sonic: Ah! So now you're officially a royal pain?
- Fiona: (after saving Scourge from falling through the portal) Gotcha hon. What do you want us to do?
- Scourge: DO? I ALMOST GOT TOSSED BACK HOME! I WANT YOU JERKS TO GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER! YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SENT BACK WITH ME!
- Bunnie: (referring to Patch) Now hold on there, sugah. Ah know all he's done, but you cain't get bent on revenge!
- Antoine: Revenge? He took my fathair away from me, and nearly took my honor and your love. I could not go on eef he took my wife from me, too.
- Knuckles: Why are you doing this, Dimitri? You're a scientist, not a general. With you as Grandmaster, Eggman's more likely to lose as we push deeper into the city.
- Dimitri: Harsh words, Guardian. You make it sound like I'm purposely weakening the greatest evil the world has ever known from within.
- Vector: (referring to Dimitri) Well, if I was a brain in a robot head in a bubble, I guess I'd go crazy, too.
- This issue cover is one of the five in the main Sonic comic series to not feature Sonic in the art, the others being StH: #15, #146, #157, and #210. (due to SEGA, Sonic was on the covers in some form, be it an icon, corner box or an alternate form.)
- This issue's cover is one half of a full image showing the Freedom Fighters battling the Suppression Squad outside Freedom HQ, though the real battle takes place inside Freedom HQ.