- “Mobius: 25 Years Later Part 2”: The conclusion to this future epic is finally here! New monarch King Shadow takes advantage of the reset future by having chief enforcer Knuckles arrest the forgotten hero, Sonic, Tails and even Knuckles’ own daughter! Can Sonic and Tails convince Knuckles of Shadow’s evil or will they be lost to the dungeons?! PLUS: Sonic’s friends throw him another party to make up for the one Dr. Robotnik crashed… and ruined! If you’re wondering just how wrong Sonic’s 15th anniversary celebration can go, hold on tight… because Sonic will find out in this issue over and over and over again! Features art by the original series penciler Dave Manak.
Mobius 25 Years Later Part Two: Tempus Aeternus
- Writer: Ian Flynn
- Penciler: Tracy Yardley
- Inker: Jim Amash
- Letterer: John Workman
- Colors: Jason Jensen
- Editor: Mike Pellerito
- Managing Editor: Victor Gorelick
- Editor-in-chief: Richard Goldwater
- Special Thanks To: Robert Leffler and Dyna Lopez at Sega Licensing
Meanwhile, underneath the catacombs of Mobius Castle, Sonic, Tails, Lara-Su and Rotor Walrus are being kept prisoner. They jokingly discuss what's going on, when Knuckles enters and reveals that he was working for Shadow the Hedgehog as part of a sting operation. He sets the others free, and they each got to work. Lara takes Rotor to a hospital, Tails deactivates the security system and Knuckles and Sonic head off to the throne room. Knuckles escorts Queen Sally to safety and leaves Sonic to fight Shadow.
Sonic tries his best, but the unaged Shadow proves to be too great a foe for him and defeats Sonic easily. After knocking Sonic to the ground, Lara-Su intervenes by knocking Shadow back and the two engage in mortal combat. Lara proves to be a match for Shadow and after a hard fought battle, Lara imprisons Shadow with Chaos Control.
Knuckles enters and takes the daughter he is so proud of home, while Sonic and Sally remember the times they were in love and get back together.
- Edmund (mentioned)
- Dr. Finitevus (mentioned)
- Julie-Su (mentioned)
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Rotor Walrus
- Sally Acorn
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Sonic the Hedgehog
Races and species:
- When Shadow and Lara-Su are battling, Lara-Su says Chaos Spear, but she does not throw one, Shadow does. Apparently, her dialogue and Shadow's were mixed up at the beginning of the battle.
- Plot: R. Chacon
- Dialogue: R. Chacon
- Pencils: Dave Manak
- Inks: Andrew Pepoy
- Letters: Vickie Williams
- Colors: Josh Ray
Sonic awakes in his room to find that he has overslept for his special birthday celebration. He quickly gets ready, only to trip over a rock while running away from some reporters. "The next morning," the exact same events take place, except he runs into a wagon while trying to avoid reporters. "The next, nextest morning," Sonic wakes up and the same events take place and he realizes he is having a reoccurring dream, so he decides to stay in bed and miss the ceremony, but the reporters have other plans. They try to get into his house by climbing on top of the roof, but crash through and fall on Sonic. Finally, on "the next, nextest, nextiest morning," Sonic actually wakes up for real this time and goes to the ceremony three hours early.
- Alicia Acorn (mentioned)
- Knothole News
- Maximillian Acorn (mentioned)
- Mina Mongoose (mentioned)
- Knothole Freedom Fighters
Races and species:
- This story is a parody of the film Groundhog Day, where the main character, much like Sonic, keeps reliving the same events over and over again. The name itself is also based on the American holiday known as Groundhog Day.
- The name "Hedgehog Day" was also used years before in the American advertising campaign for Sonic the Hedgehog 3, the release date of which fell on Groundhog Day.
- Knuckles: I'm not surprised a couple of lunatics like you would wind up like this. But my own daughter...
- Lara-Su: I DID WHAT WAS RIGHT, AND YOU KNOW IT! I WON'T APOLOGIZE OR ASK FORGIVE--
- Knuckles: ...I couldn't be prouder.
- Sonic: Who ordered the extra-large butt whooping, heavy on the poetic justice?
- Knuckles: You've been working on that since you were arrested, haven't you?
- Sonic: You better believe it.
- Shadow: You are what passes for a cavalry?
- Lara-Su: I'm tops in my class, if that counts for anything.
- Sonic: Way to go, Lara-Su. How long will that last?
- Lara-Su: I'm not sure... but I don't think my great-great-great-great grandkids will have to worry.
- Julie-Su is on the cover of this issue in pigtails, yet she makes no appearance in the issue, and is seen in pigtails except for the cover.