- "Birthday Bash - Part Two": Continuing the chaos that begun last issue, Sonic the Hedgehog's fifteenth anniversary year... and his birthday party... kick into hyperdrive! An attempt to steal the Master Emerald goes wrong... Rouge the Bat's new accomplice Evil Sonic is transformed into a souped-up speed demon and identifies himself as "Scourge"... and if all that's not enough, things get even worse for Sonic as a long lost badnik from the early days comes back with a dangerous new twist! It's a birthday full of "presents" Sonic would rather return! PLUS!: Another action-packed back up story featuring some of your favorite Sonic characters! SCRIPT: Ian Flynn. ART: Tracy Yardley. Crater-crunching cover by Spaz!
Birthday Bash! Part Two: Birthday Boys
- Writer: Ian Flynn
- Pencils: Tracy Yardley
- Inks: Jim Amash
- Letters: John Workman
- Colors: Jason Jensen
- Editor: Mike Pellerito
- Managing Editor: Victor Gorelick
- Editor-in-Chief: Richard Goldwater
- Special Thanks To: Robert Leffler and Dyna Lopez at SEGA Licensing
Sonic, Tails, and Shadow confront Croctobot outside Freedom HQ, and Sonic bursts out laughing at the robot, calling him the "lamest badnik ever". Croctobot then attacks Sonic and Tails, but they dodge (with Tails getting Sonic out of the way).
Master Emerald chamber: While Rouge marvels at Scourge's change, Locke tries to attack him, but is beaten unconscious by Scourge.
Outside Freedom HQ: Fiona is watching the battle outside when Bark and Bean walk out of Freedom HQ, When she confronts them about walking out, Bean asks her if she wants to come with them, but Fiona refuses, saying she's a Freedom Fighter now, but seems unsure as she says this.
Master Emerald chamber: Scourge is about to finish off Locke when Rouge stops him, saying that she will not work with people who kill. Scourge then goes to the Master Emerald and uses Chaos Control to go to Knothole and get revenge on Sonic.
Outside Freedom HQ: Sonic, Tails, and Shadow look out a short way to see Rouge and Scourge appear in a flash of green light. As Sonic and Scourge ready for battle, Croctobot regains consciousness and grabs Sonic, Shadow, and Scourge in his tentacles. Sonic and Scourge then call a quick truce, and the three hedgehogs immediately spin-dash Croctobot multiple times, destroying him. After the battle, Scourge suddenly attacks Sonic, and the two engage in battle. Shortly after Scourge kicked Sonic down, Shadow grabbed him to ask him a question, but Scourge throws him down, and after another brief battle, Shadow is kicked down too. Sonic then calls a temporary truce with Shadow, and the two attack Scourge. After Scourge knocks both of them down again, the other Freedom Fighters join in the battle. Scourge then flees the scene with Rouge, with Shadow in hot pursuit. Suddenly, a Warp Ring appears, and they go inside, leaving an enraged Shadow behind. Back outside the base, Sonic and the others contemplate what has happened, with Sonic saying that it was good that Freedom HQ drew all of the attacks away from the village.
Meanwhile, Scourge and Rouge are brought into a temple by Dr. Finitevus, saying he needs their assistance in his plans...
Sonic Rush Part Two of Two
The raging Blaze looks upon Sonic, who doesn't recognize her. Blaze attacks Sonic with fire and the two engage in battle. During the fight, Sonic concludes she isn't working for Robotnik, as she is too powerful. Sonic leads her to a more open area while he dodges her attacks. Blaze is impressed by the "Blue One"s skills and "turns up the heat". Sonic runs around Blaze, creating a vortex that puts out her fire.
Just before Blaze runs out of oxygen to breathe, Sonic stops. He offers a truce and a proper introduction. Sonic introduces himself and Blaze tell him "You are indeed the one I have sought out." Sonic is surprised she has been looking for him and asks who she is. Blaze tells him she is the one who will haunt his dreams, just like he did to her, until she has a need for him. Before Sonic can get some answers, Blaze disappears in a flame. Sonic is gassed by the entire ordeal and ponders what the strange cat meant by "Haunt my dreams".
- Data Files: This section features data files compiling the following characters and settings in the Archie Comics' Sonic the Hedgehog series:
- Croctobot's line "Wait, I still function" is a quote by Megatron from The Transformers: The Movie.
- When Scourge flips Shadow over his shoulder, Shadow's eyelids are miscolored peach.
- In the second story when Sonic is attacking Blaze he only has one ear.
- In a couple panels, Bean's legs are incorrectly colored green.
- When Dr. Finitevus brings Scourge and Rouge to his hidden temple, he is seen sitting in a chair. However, in the next panel, he is still sitting, but the chair appears to be further back, making him look like he is sitting on air.