- 1 Official solicitation
- 2 Featured stories
- 3 Quotes
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- 6 External links
Return to Angel Island (Part 3 of 4): How Many Echidnas Does It Take to Protect a Master Emerald?
- The struggle to free Angel Island from the Evil Dr. Robotnik and protect the Master Emerald continues! Can Sonic, Knuckles and The Chaotix stand together, or will their petty differences divide them? Meanwhile, the fate of the Guardians hangs in the balance!
Mobius: 25 Years Later - A Difference of Opinion
- When King Sonic and the Guardian Knuckles have a late night discussion of the possible end of Mobius, much of the "past" is revealed in the future! Don't miss their surprising predictions in this far-flung tale!
Return to Angel Island Part Three: How Many Echidnas Does It Take to Protect a Master Emerald?
- Story: Karl Bollers
- Pencils: Jon Gray
- Letters & Inks: Michael Higgins (Page 1-8)
- Inks: Andrew Pepoy (Page 9-16)
- Letters: John Workman (Page 9-16)
- Colors: Jason Jensen
- Editor: Mike Pellerito
- Managing Editor: Victor Gorelick
- Editor in Chief: Richard Goldwater
- Special Thanks To: Robert Leffler and Dyna Lopez at Sega Licensing
Knuckles is really confused as to how he has a baby brother, but Lara-Le reminds Knuckles that she was pregnant last time he saw her. Lara-Le and Wynmacher decided to call their baby Knecapeon "Kneecaps" Mace. Sonic, Remington and the Chaotix laugh loudly at this name, but Knuckles silences their laughter by threatening the whole lot of them. The other echidnas have built shelter for Sonic, Remington and the Chaotix. However, Knuckles is upset, seeing as how they only did it because they believe that he is the Avatar. Knuckles heads back to the Hidden Palace where he is greeted by Lien-Da and Dr. Finitevus. Knuckles asks the Master Emerald about all that's been going on.
Meanwhile, at Dr. Robotnik's headquarters, General Kage reports from Cave Canem that Sonic and Knuckles are on Angel Island and are causing him problems. Dr. Robotnik sends in a secret agent to retrieve the Master Emerald and destroy the echidnas along the way. A double agent from General Kage's army reports where they are holding Locke. Lien-Da sets off with Knuckles, Espio, Charmy, Vector, Mighty, Ray and Julie-Su. Sonic laughs as they set off to the location. It is amusing to note that everyone except him is onboard flying saucers. Sonic finds General Kage with Harry and Locke, Sonic proving tough against General Kage. Harry is revealed as the double agent and Dr. Robotnik contacts Sonic and Knuckles. He reveals to them that he has released a hunter to track down the Master Emerald.
Mobius: 25 Years Later - A Difference in Opinion
- Writer: Ken Penders
- Penciler: Steven Butler
- Inker: Jim Amash
- Letterer: John E. Workman
- Colorist: Jason Jensen
At midnight on Angel Island, Knuckles has stepped outside away from his houseguests only to find King Sonic waiting for him. As Knuckles invites Sonic to walk with him, Queen Sally and Julie-Su watch from above, hoping they can work things out. Knuckles says that it's worth listening to Rotor and Cobar because the world might end, but Sonic is confused. Knuckles doesn't know what is to come of this, or if they're tackling forces of nature or beyond.
Sonic mentions that it didn't happen to Knuckles with his Chaos powers. Sonic reminds Knuckles that when Robotnik stole the Master Emerald, Knuckles became Chaos Knuckles again. Knuckles disagrees that Angel Island would've been destroyed if he didn't. Sonic reminds him again that Chaos Knuckles didn't just take down Robotnik, but he remade Mobius the way he wanted, including de-roboticizing Julie-Su. Sonic thinks that Knuckles is responsible for the current chain of events, but Knuckles blames Sonic for acting stupid.
Knuckles reminds Sonic that he attempted to use a gadget to stop Knuckles. The gadget blew back and Sonic was comforted by Sally. Sally believed that the nullifier went off prematurely, and Julie-Su called them over to Knuckles. Sonic and Julie-Su are shocked that the accident cost him his eye, as Knuckles is pointing to his cyborg eye. Sonic still blames Knuckles that his actions could have started the chain of events. Sonic asks if there are any other ideas that Knuckles has, but Knuckles walks off saying that he doesn't sound like the old Sonic. Sonic wonders what happened to himself.
Mike is on the phone with an artist and, hearing that their pages have not been inked yet, demands the inks immediately. His phone then sprays him with ink. Mike tells Sonic and Tails that he has not yet gotten used to the Off Panel humor, to which they reply that it takes time and lots of soap water.
- Lara-Le: His name is Knecapeon Mace... but we call him "Kneecaps" for short.
- Knuckles: Kneecaps the Echidna?! Mom, that's got to be the worst name I've ever heard for a kid!
- The first story is a nod to the Tootsie Pop lollipop commercials, as the kid asks to the owl "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop lollipops?"