Return to Angel Island (Part 2 of 4): Avatar
- Sonic, Knuckles, and The Chaotix not only go face-to-face with the deadly Dark legion, but must contend with a slew of old and new faces as well! The action never lets up in this frantic tale!
Mobius: 25 Years Later - Slumber Party
- The popular "Mobius, 25 Years Later" saga continues! Lara-Su, Sonia and a couple of Lara-Su's friends have a sleepover while Sonic and Sally are on Angel Island. Naturally, Manik can't help but make a pest of himself. Meanwhile, more hints of the approaching danger are revealed!
Return to Angel Island Part Two: Avatar
- Story: Karl Bollers
- Pencils: Jon Gray
- Letters & Inks: Michael Higgins
- Colors: Jason Jensen
- Editor: Mike Pellerito
- Managing Editor: Victor Gorelick
- Editor in Chief: Richard Goldwater
- Special thanks to: Robert Leffler and Takuma Hatori at Sega Licensing
Sonic the Hedgehog and the Chaotix take on the Dark Legion after being ambushed. Sonic uses one of the Dark Legion's flame swords in battle, but is cancelled out by another. The fight is stopped by Lara-Le mentioning that they are all on the same side. The Dark Legion are working with Angel Island resistance against Doctor Eggman and the Dingoes. Wynmacher also believing that Knuckles the Echidna is the "Avatar" and all of them are sent off through a Warp Ring to the Hidden Palace Zone. Hundreds of echidnas are taking refuge and believe that Knuckles is the Avatar returned from the afterlife. Sonic can't believe that he did not get a reception like this when he returned. Sonic and Knuckles meet up with a new echidna, Dr. Finitevus who escorts them to the Hidden Palace of the Hidden Palace Zone. Lien-Da waits for them on their arrival, Knuckles and Julie-Su unhappy about it. Lien-Da takes Knuckles and Sonic to the emerald alter, where the Master Emerald is being stored in secret away from the Dingoes and Dr. Eggman. Sonic and Knuckles look upon a mural of Super Sonic going head-to-head with what looks like Dr. Ivo Robotnik. Lien-Da tells Sonic and Knuckles that the Brotherhood of Guardians transported the Master Emerald to protect it from the dingoes and put it in her care, while Locke the Echidna stayed behind to face the enemy. Dimitri no longer being with the Dark Legion, Lien-Da is put in charge. Knuckles being over-powered by the Master Emerald's presence feels extreme pain.
Back at the campsite with the Chaotix, Knuckles mentions that Aurora warned him about the dangers of returning to the afterlife and the Master Emerald is taking him of everything. Knuckles is approached by two echidnas; Pollu and Meri-Ca who believe the prophecy of the Ancient Walkers that the Avatar can perform miracles. Hoping Knuckles can help restore natural eyesight instead of cybernetic implants to their daughter Desi-Ca, but are stopped by Dr. Finitevus. Knuckles says that he isn't a part of the prophecy, in which Vector doesn't believe, but Julie-Su agrees with the Dark Legion. Knuckles, not wanting any more surprises for today, is introduced to his new baby brother, Kneecaps.
Mobius: 25 Years Later - Slumber Party
- Writer: Ken Penders
- Penciler: Steven Butler
- Inker: Jim Amash
- Letterer: John E. Workman
- Colorist: Jason Jensen
Abby, Julie-Su, and Sally are in the kitchen as Abby has finished preparing snacks for the "girls." Julie asks if Abby showed Manik the game room since she figures Manik wouldn't want to be with the girls though Sally disagrees.
As it turns out, Sally is correct as Manik is attempting to get the girls—Lara-Su, Salma, Sonia, and Riki-Le—interested in a game of "spin the bottle." Salma suggests that Manik goes first, prompting Lara-Su to mention that this is a setup. Riki-Le says that Lara-Su can just beat up Manik if he acts up and Sonia says she would "rather hurl" than listen to her brother. Salma says she doesn't think younger siblings are that bad, citing her relationship with her sister Juanita . Manik is tired of all the talking and wants to get to the game. At this point, Abby, Julie-Su, and Sally enter the room and want to know what's going on. Lara-Su asks the adults to join in on the game. Suddenly, Manik doesn't want to play and runs out the room with the excuse of needing to ask Sonic something. As a form of payback, Lara-Su reveals to all that Salma is dating Rutan though everyone promises to keep it a secret from Salma's parents. Changing the subject, the group begins to play a game called "Situation" after the rules are explained to Sally, who had never played the game.
In the game room, Sonic is playing pool as Manik walks in and is very impressed by Sonic's skills. Sonic offers to teach Manik to which Manik is very excited about. Manik asks "where's Knuckles?" so we see that Knuckles is somewhere staring out a window.
Back with the girls, Lara-Su asks Julie-Su and Sally why they can get along but Knuckles and Sonic can't. Sally says she doesn't know. When Lara-Su comments that it's sort of the same way Julie and Knuckles were when they first met, Julie says that she liked Knuckles when she first laid eyes on him. Knuckles is left staring out a window.
Pellerito is talking on the phone as Sonic walks in, mentioning that "he looks nothing like he did ten years ago". Sonic argues that his new character design is just fine, but the editor reveals he was talking about a baseball player.
- The Zones that are shown in this issue include Lava Reef Zone and Hidden Palace Zone from Sonic & Knuckles.
- A sign that is held up by one of the echidnas reads "The Avatar walks among us! Prophecy. S3:K 10:18:94" The prophecy according to the sign is Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles and the date that the game was released.
- The mural from Sonic 3 & Knuckles with Super Sonic vs Dr. Robotnik is shown in the Hidden Palace.
- Arriving on Angel Island, Knuckles is wearing black knuckles, an air necklace, and goggles. They look like the accessories that Knuckles can find in Sonic Adventure 2.
- This issue marks the first appearance of Dr. Finitevus in his familiar form.
- In the Sonic Mega Collection Plus game, this is the final issue cover shown, as the game had pictures of all Sonic the Hedgehog issues from Sonic the Hedgehog #139.