- 1 Official solicitation
- 2 Featured stories
- 3 Other features
- 4 Quotes
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 External links
Meanie in a Bottle
- Sonic and Muttski and playing out by the pond and find something at the bottom of it – a magic lamp with a genie inside. However, this genie is a meanie who gives Muttski Sonic’s speed. How will the hero manage when he can’t even outrun Antoine.
Ultimate Power – Part Two
- Knuckles steps in to confront Mammoth Mogul before he destroys his ancient relative and former enemy Dimitri.
Meanie in a bottle
- Writer: Benny Lee
- Pencils: Art Mawhinney
- Inks: Pam Eklund
- Colors: Jason Jensen
- Letters: Jeff Powell
- Editor: J. F. Gabrie
- Managing Editor: Victor Gorelick
- Editor-in-Chief: Richard Goldwater
Playing with Muttski in the forest, Sonic throws a stick for him to fetch, which he does while destroying a log on the way. Sonic praises Muttski and throws the stick. He throws the stick too long and it falls into a lake with Muttski jumping in after him. Sonic hating the thought of water decides to jump in after Muttski to save him. Sonic sinks to the bottom where Muttski is and finds a dusty bottle. Sonic manages to get back to the surface with Muttski.
Sonic removes the cord from the bottle and a genie comes out. Sonic realising it's a thinks he'll get 3 wishes, but the genie refuses to waste his powers on Muttski. Sonic thinks he should get a reward for freeing him. The genie uses his magic on Sonic and Muttski and flies away. Sonic and Muttski run back to Knothole, but Sonic finds himself out of breath and slowed down.
Sonic gets himself examined by Doctor Quack and tells him that the genie has stripped Sonic of his super speed and given it to Muttski. With Muttski's new speed, he proves to be a helpful Freedom Fighter, catching bad guys and helping with gardening. Sonic takes Muttski to fetch, but Muttski catches the stick straight away. Sonic then finds the genie in a nearby log and commands Muttski to get him.
Sonic praises Muttski for grabbing the genie. The genie says he'll do anything to get out which Sonic makes a deal for three wishes. Sonic asks him to 1. Return his super-speed, 2. Take away Muttski's and 3. Get back in the bottle. The genie grants the wishes, ashamed that he was fooled by a "lesser being". Sonic throws the bottle back into the lake.
- Dr. Quack
- Knothole Freedom Fighters
Races and species:
- Roboticization (mentioned)
Ultimate Power Part Two
- Writer, Layouts & Inks: Ken Penders
- Pencils: Dawn Best
- Colors: Jason Jensen
- Letters: Vickie Williams
- Editor: Justin Gabrie
Having been called back to the Battle Cruiser, Lien-Da leaves the hospital where Dimitri is staying. Harry and a disguised Mammoth Mogul watch from a distance. Mogul ponders why a member of the Dark Legion is allowed to walk freely in Echidnaopolis, and Harry tells him that the Legion is now allied with the city. Mogul gets out of the cab and asks Harry to wait while he tends to business. Mogul heads to Dimitri's room, pestering the dying echidna and telling him that he wishes to use him to reacquire his power.
Meanwhile, Chaos Knuckles, Julie-Su, Espio and Mighty are watching Vector dance. Espio asks why Knuckles is green, and Knuckles explains that it happened when he gained the power of the Chaos Emeralds. He tells them that when he's mad strange things happen, and Julie-Su asks what happens when he's not. Knuckles uses his Chaos powers make a bouquet of flowers appear for Julie-Su. Mighty asks if he could do it again, but Knuckles doesn't want to try, deciding to ask his father about his new powers and inviting his friends to join him.
Elsewhere in Echidnaopolis, Gae-Na is organizing the Legion while they set up their equipment when Lien-Da enters. Gae-Na asks for news about Dimitri, but Lien-Da reports no success. Lien-Da also reports that the High Council of Echidnaopolis have yet to vote on the reunification of echidnas and they need to continue preparing their backup plan. Gae-Na gives her a status report and Lien-Da asks her where they can find Knuckles.
Knuckles leads his friends to a storage area where the Brotherhood of Guardians are settled in. Locke, Sabre and Thunderhawk are glad to see him, explaining that Mammoth Mogul has captured Dimitri and wants to speak with Knuckles.
- Brotherhood of Guardians
- Dark Legion
- Mammoth Mogul
Races and species:
- Chaos Emerald (mentioned)
- In the final panel of this story, the word "Sega" can be seen printed above the control board of the Brotherhood of Guardians' computer.
- The Spaz Sketchbook: A selection of concept artwork for the series drawn by Patrick Spaziante. These artworks include:
- A cut piece of artwork for the cover blurb of Sonic the Hedgehog #116.
- Rejected concepts for Rob o' the Hedge, Mecha Knuckles, and Robolactus.
- A variation of the cover art for Sonic the Hedgehog #113.
- Concept artwork of an Egg Walker, the Golden Hive Colony, and Combot, type 2, "The Sneak", Sonicaman: Chaos Ninja Team and Sallactor, Ray the Flying Squirrel, Julie-Su's Sky Cycle, Gun, and gadgets, Bunnie's cybernetics after Sonic Super Special #11, the uniforms for the Echidna Security Team, Simon, Floren-Ca, Merin-Da, Mari-Su, Luger, and child versions of Lien-Da and Kragok.
- Character designs for Knuckles and Julie-Su in the scrapped Knuckles: 20 Years Later story (Knuckles' design was later used for his Light Mobius counterpart).
- Concept artwork for "manga" versions of Sonic, Sally, Bunnie (pre- and post roboticization), Snively, and male and female SWATbots for an unpublished story scheduled for Sonic Super Special #17.
- Designs for the upcoming Caterkiller train, Mecha Sonic, Mecha Tails, and roboticized versions of Drago Wolf, Predator Hawk, Lightning Lynx, and Flying Frog. The commentaries for these designs are covered with spoiler tags.
- Sonic Checklist
- In Sonic Mega Collection Plus, this issue's cover is edited to remove the subtitles near the cover blurb of Chaos Knuckles and Julie-Su.