- Dr. EGGMAN gets CRACKING in “Eggman’s Dozen” Part Three: Dr. Eggman has assembled his evil Egg Bosses to take back his Egg Refinery from the Naugus Twins! The plan seems straight forward enough, but what happens when the Eggman’s minions can’t work together? Can the mad doctor scramble to survive or will his shaky alliances leave him fried? Featuring egg-tastic cover art by dynamite Diana Skelly and a wonderfully “Wicked” variant cover by artist supreme Dan Schoening!
Eggman's Dozen Part Three: Team Management
- Writer: Ian Flynn
- Pencils: Adam Bryce Thomas
- Inks: Jim Amash
- Colors: Matt Herms
- Letters: Jack Morelli
- Editor: Vincent Lovallo
- Editor-in-Chief: Victor Gorelick
- President: Mike Pellerito
- Publisher & Co-CEO: Jon Goldwater
- Special thanks to: Sandra Jo, Mai Kiyotaki and the Character Business and Licensing Department at SEGA Corporation
The issue begins right where the previous issue left off, with Eggman screaming in terror as he in his drill plummets toward a stretch of lava. Suddenly, chain is cast from unknown source, and hooks on to the back of the drill. Eggman is confused, as the drill is being drawn upwards. Once it reaches the top of the pit, it is revealed that Axel is the one pulling on the chain, as he had set his Egg Monster on autopilot to distract the Dark Gaia Titan.
He assures Eggman that he's got him, which Eggman acknowledges, surprised that the Buffalo saved him. However, the Titan finally destroys the Egg Monster, with Axel mentioning the autopilot lasted longer than he expected. Eggman tells Axel to hop on the drill, which he quickly does. As the drill drives away, Axel uses his chain to trip the titan. Seizing the opportunity, Eggman charges his drill straight through the titan, effectively destroying it. Axel questions Eggman, as he said there wouldn't be any Dark Gaia Creatures to deal with. Eggman explains that the Naugus twins have access to all the Dark Gaia energy in the refinery, allowing them to conjure the beasts. He then asks why Axel saved him, as he knows most of his Egg Bosses hate him. Axel explains that both before and after joining the Egg Army, he and his crew looked out for each other whether they liked the other members or not, stating: you take care of the crew, and crew takes care of you., and that failing him is also failing the entire Eggman Empire. Eggman notes these words as something to ponder later, and continues driving, asking the teams to report.
On team one Akhlut the Orca is seen fighting Tundra the Walrus, on team two Thunderbolt the Chinchilla is seen in her mech suit, trying to stop two panels from crushing her while Clove the Pronghorn readies her scythe, on team three Nephthys the Vulture and Maw the Thylacine are fighting several crystallized Egg Fighters, and on team four Lord Mordred Hood is seen hiding from a energized Focke-Wulf while Conquering Storm tries to dodge the Witchcarters' attacks.
Getting annoyed that none of his teams have reported, Eggman angrily asks for team five's report. A panicked Abyss the Squid responds from an Eggman Land computer, stating she is currently trying to shut down the backup generator, but has run into some trouble, which is revealed to be several Dark Gaia Creatures Kukku is fending off. Kukku asks Aybss to hurry up, as even he has limits. In response, she states that she's a pirate, not a hacker, as she is having trouble getting the computer to shut down. Annoyed, he asks her to cover him. Aybss reluctantly aggrees, asking what he's going to do about the situation. Kukku states he will "Handle it",and draws eight bombs. He then hurls them all at the creatures, creating a massive explosion which destroys the monsters and the backup generator. Aghast, Abyss asks Kukku what he is. He states he is "perfection", and informs Eggman of the generator's destruction.
- Battle Bird Armada
- Dark Gaia (Mentioned)
- Dark Gaia Creatures
- Dr. Eggman
- Egg Bosses
- Ixis (Mentioned)
- Walter Naugus
- Wendy Naugus
Off Panel #1
As the Egg Bosses ride the roller coaster, they are reminded not to lick the rides. Conquering Storm finds this ridiculous, and wonders why they need to be told this. She is interrupted when the others look at Mordred Hood in disgust, as he grabs the handle with his tongue.
- Egg Bosses
Off Panel #2
Eggman makes fun of Crystal Sonic's name, while the latter reminds him that he changed his name to "Eggman". Eggman is embarrassed by this.
- The variant cover is an homage to, and named after, the Broadway musical Wicked.
- The announcement in the first Off Panel is a reference to one of Eggman's PA announcements in Sweet Mountain on the Wii version of Sonic Colors.