- "Dark Seige": In this second installment of "Mobius: 30 Years Later," the stakes are raised to pulse-pounding proportions! King Sonic has received dire news from Silver: something that will doom the future is right around the bend! Things go from bad to worse when Lien-Da and Shadow the Hedgehog invade the castle! Who will escape, and who will be the first to fall? All this, plus another surprise returning character revealed!
Mobius: 30 Years Later - Dark Siege
- Writer: Ian Flynn
- Pencils: Tracy Yardley
- Inks: Jim Amash
- Colors: Jason Jensen
- Letters: Teresa Davidson
- Editor & Managing editor: Mike Pellerito
- Editor-in-Chief: Victor Gorelick
- Special thanks to: Cindy Chau and Jerry Chu at SEGA Licensing
Silver the Hedgehog is in the royal family's living room, looking at a picture of Lara-Su posing with Sonic's children. King Sonic and Queen Sally have just tucked the children in bed, and they talk to Silver about the happenings within the past five years, as well as the current timeline, paticularly concerning Lien-Da and the Dark Presence. Silver is completely out-of-date with the current timeline and confuses Sally, but Sonic calms them down, saying that as a time-traveler himself, he knew that "trying to make the past and present sync perfectly is sometimes more trouble than it's worth." Silver is surprised to learn that Sonic has time-travelled, but as Sonic gives no further detail, the subject is dropped.
While the trio continue their conversation, Lara-Su confronts Rutan about his mother Lien-Da's whereabouts, at his house. He denies seeing her, blaming Lara-Su and her relatives for her departure. Dmitri then appears between the two, preventing them from getting into a fight. Dimitri tries to comfort Lara-Su about Lien-Da, and reminds her how she stopped King Shadow during his reign of terror.
Back at Castle Mobius, Silver considers rounding up the Knothole Freedom Fighters, only to discover that they have been dismantled for years. Sally says that the Chaotix are scattered around Mobius, but suggests calling up Tails and his family.
Meanwhile, Tails opens the door of his hotel room, thinking it's room service, only to be gassed by the Dark Presence. Mina Mongoose notices, and quickly runs out the door, with her children in her arms. She puts Melody and Skye by a curb, and orders them to find an E.S.T. officer or the Guardian, while she goes to help her husband. Mina boldly confronts the Dark Presence, but is quickly gassed by one of the team members.
While Lara-Su heads back to Castle Mobius, she thinks to herself about Dimitri's words, how she had only gone to Rutan to blow off some steam, and that her actions had almost gotten King Sonic killed. She then spots the Dark Presence heading toward Castle Mobius and immediately goes on the attack, but quickly recovers as realization hits her that this is not the way things should be done. She instead uses the ninja skills taught her by her "Uncle" Espio.
Back at Castle Mobius, Misty-Re, a Dark Presence sleeper agent posing as a maid, offers the royal family refreshments and flirts with Silver, asking if he was the brave one who saved their king. Silver admits he saved Sonic, to which she pulls a gun from under the napkin and gasses him. Sonic then gasses her, and tells Sally to take herself and the kids to the "Panic Room". After an argument over what to do, Sally and Sonic quickly give each other a goodbye-kiss, and Sonic runs off.
He discovers Lara-Su in his castle, battling some Dark Presence members. Unfortunately, the security system suddenly turns against them, but Sonic and Lara-Su jump out of a castle window before being tagged by the lasers. They find Skye and Melody on the street, and try their best to calm them down. Sonic promises to help out the children the best he can, but doesn't know where to hide. Lara-Su tells Sonic that Argyle, Vector's son, has a safe place to hide, and so the four of them head to Argyle's.
Back at Castle Mobius, Lien-Da gets report on the Dark Presence's work: they have secured Tails and Mina in their room, they have confined the castle staff to their rooms and they have hacked the security service. Afterwards, Lien-Da heads to the pod, where former King Shadow is held in stasis. She brings along the Chaos Syphon to bring back Shadow's power. They then charge the pod up, releasing Shadow from his stasis and back to power.
- Before freeing Shadow, Lien-Da comments on who could have built the machine containing him, saying it could be Knuckles, Miles, or "that horrible Kintobor woman". This could be a reference to Hope Kintobor.
- This is the first issue of Sonic Universe to feature lower case letters.
- Strangely, the previews of this issue were not posted on Archie's Sonic Universe Blog despite that the scans themselves had been uploaded to the website.
- When King Shadow was placed in suspended animation by Lara-Su, he did not have his cape on (having taken it off before he fought King Sonic), however when he is revived from stasis, he has his cape again. It could be possible Laru-Su and King Sonic put his cape back on him when they put him into stasis.
- Judging by the dialogue between Sonic and Silver at the beginning of the issue, it's implied that Sonic has only met Silver once before in this timeline. This is made evident by Sonic only recalling Silver from the battle on Moebius, even though he would've gone on to meet Silver several more times by this point. Additionally, Sonic still has no knowledge of who Silvers "traitor" is, despite being present when it was revealed in the past to be his future wife, Sally. It's possible that Silver's hunt for the "traitor" was never resolved in this timeline.
- Interestingly, upon learning that she had disbanded the Knothole Freedom Fighters, Silver briefly considered the possibility of Sally being his traitor, which he quickly dismissed. Ironically, this would later actually turn out to be the case (although for a completely different reason, and under different circumstances).