- Pirate Plunder Panic Part Four: BUCKLE YOUR SEA-BELTS, BUCCANEERS, THE END BE NEAR! The thrilling high-stakes high sea adventure concludes, with the Egg o’ War ready to launch, and all th’ worlds in peril! It’s Blaze vs. Cpt. Metal. The power of the Sol Emeralds a’beckons, as does the transformation into Burning Blaze—blimey! ! This exciting finale features new cover art from that rapscallion Tracy Yardley, and back by popular demand an ALL-NEW CHIBI VARIANT cover from Ryan Jampole! Ahoy, Mateys!
Pirate Plunder Panic The Conclusion
- Script: Tracy Yardley
- Pencils: Tracy Yardley
- Inks: Jim Amash
- Colors: Steve Downer
- Letters: Jack Morelli
- Assistant Editor: Vincent Lovallo
- Editor/Executive Director of Editorial: Paul Kaminski
- Editor-in-Chief: Victor Gorelick
- President: Mike Pellerito
- Special Thanks to: Anthony Gaccione, Cindy Chau and to the Character Business and Licensing Department of SEGA Corporation
A three-way battle breaks out between the forces under Blaze, Captain Metal, and Captain Whisker, with Blaze confronting Captain Metal in order to reclaim the final Sol Emerald. Conjuring a sword made out of fire, she clashes with the pirate captain, who refuses to hand it over despite her warnings that the Sol Zone will be destroyed unless all seven Emeralds are brought together. Reminding her that the Egg O' War can travel to other zones, he announces his intentions to leave the Sol Zone to its fate, knocking her unconscious before taking off for the Egg O' War. Whisker and his crew board the Metal Marauder, forcing Blaze's allies to divide: Amy, Cream, and Cheese leave to rescue Blaze while Marine, Bark, and their press-ganged pirate engage Whisker and his crew, leaving Bean to menace Swash and Buckle. Aboard the Egg O' War, inside the chamber that once served as the Genesis Reactor, Captain Metal has Blaze restrained and connected to the generator, which has the Sol Emerald installed into it.
With the Emerald's power, the Egg O' War takes off, prompting Whisker and his crew to depart, abandoning the Metal Marauder for his own. He then has Mini and Mum fire a missile that blows a hole through the Metal Marauder, causing it to sink. Fortunately, Swash and Buckle abandon their submarine to avoid Bean, determined to return to Pirate Island, and the heroes relocate to the smaller vessel. Back aboard the Egg O' War, Metal notes Whisker's departure, and then sets his machinery to draining Blaze of the power of the other six Sol Emeralds. Before this can happen, Cream and Amy intervene, smashing the machinery and freeing Blaze while distracting Metal. The two engage the mechanical pirate in battle, allowing Blaze to secure the final Emerald, only to be thrown down by the angry robot. However, Blaze turns the tables in her favor by using the power of all seven Emeralds to achieve a Super Form: Burning Blaze. Using her amplified power, she melts Captain Metal into molten slag, only for the Captain to undergo his own transformation of sorts: he uploads himself into the Egg O' War's computer, becoming one with his Emerald-charged battle station.
Blasting an escape route for her friends, Burning Blaze attacks the Egg O' War, destroying the Genesis Reactor before flying outside. She then unleashes a massive fire blast, which tears through the flying fortress and sends it plummeting into the sea, where it quickly sinks. Landing on the submarine, Burning Blaze reverts back to normal after receiving her friends' praises. She then thanks Bark and Bean for their help, and remarks that the Sol Emeralds must have brought them there despite their checkered pasts. Blaze rejoices over her success, but refuses to take Amy's suggestion of a vacation, knowing that there are still threats to her world that she must fight. She then prepares to send the natives of Sonic's world home, with Amy and herself both feeling that things are out of sorts there. Using the power of the Sol Emeralds, she teleports them, and Marine soon begins crying over their departure. Unbeknownst to them, at the bottom of the sea, the Egg O' War's single eye lights up in identical fashion to Captain Metal's. Amy, Cream, Cheese, Bean, and Bark then arrive in Mobotropolis, and sensing that things are wrong, Amy suggests that they locate Sonic.
- Bark the Polar Bear
- Bean the Dynamite
- Blackguard Pirates
- Captain Whisker
- Miles "Tails" Prower (mentioned)
- Mini & Mum
- Sonic the Hedgehog (mentioned)
- Team Rose
- Prime Zone
- Sol Zone
- Pirate Island (mentioned)
- This story marks the first official appearance of Burning Blaze in the Sonic comics published by Archie Comics, which was first mentioned in Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia.
- The act of Captain Metal in uploading his A.I. into the Egg O' War to become one with the battle station is reminiscent of the Star Wars expanded universe story The Tale of IG-88, in which the titular assassin droid uploads himself into the computer core of the Death Star II.
- When Blaze brings up the events of the "Treasure Team Tango" story arc, Amy and Cream seem to show signs that they are aware of it. This indicates that the events of that arc may have also taken place in the post-Super Genesis Wave timeline, which is also supported by the exchange between Blaze and Marine in Sonic Universe #55.
Marine seems to have written fanfiction, and it comes to its epic conclusion as Princess Blaze saves the world using the power of her bejeweled scepter before departing into the sunset with her dashing fiance. However, Blaze apparently dislikes the story and burns Marine's manuscript, though Amy remarks that her captain love interest - who bears a noticeable resemblance to Silver the Hedgehog - "doesn't sound all that bad..."
- Jeweled Scepter (mentioned)
- The Off Panel has a reference to a scene in the movie Titanic, where Jack is carrying Rose on the bow of the Titanic.
- This Off Panel references the common ship, "Silvaze", which implies there is a romantic relationship between Silver and Blaze.
- This issues variant cover marks the first time Ryan Jampole has drawn for a Sonic title that has no connection to the Mega Man comic series, the last time being as part of the Sonic & Mega Man: Worlds Collide.