- "Five Years of Peace": By popular demand, we're going back to the future! It's now thirty years down the line and King Sonic is on the throne. He has his hands full with the tiny royal twins, but fan-favorite Lara-Su is there to help. As the world prepares to celebrate the new royal family, a deadly plot is hatched from the shadows...and you'll never guess who shows up at the end! It's the action and adventure you've come to expect from "Mobius: 25 Years Later" tales...not to mention all your favorite good guys and bad guys! The future has never been more frantic...and it's up to Sonic to make sure it's infinite!
Mobius: 30 Years Later - Five Years of Peace
- Writer: Ian Flynn
- Pencils: Tracy Yardley
- Inks: Jim Amash
- Colors: Jason Jensen
- Letters: Teresa Davidson
- Editor & Managing editor: Mike Pellerito
- Editor-in-Chief: Victor Gorelick
- Special thanks to: Cindy Chau and Jerry Chu at SEGA Licensing
The story begins as news reporter Sasha Cat recaps some of the events of past years, including the rise and fall of King Shadow. She finishes with a description of the "Five Years of Peace" brought about by Sonic the Hedgehog's rule. The scene then changes to Sonic and Queen Sally's son Manik seeing his image on TV and becoming excited, expanding to reveal the rest of the royal family (including Manik's twin sister Sonia). As Sonic and Sally announce they are going out for the evening, Knuckles' and Julie-Su's daughter Lara-Su arrives to babysit the twins, much to the kids' delight.
Later, Lara-Su tries to get the kids to bed but finds it not an easy task. She later contacts her parents. Meanwhile, Lien-Da has been watching Lara-Su and the children. She orders her teams to move out, not wanting to harm the children.
The next day at the celebration Lara-Su meets up with the Prowers (Tails and his family) and talks to them a bit before setting off. While Sonic is giving his speech, Lara-Su finds one of Lien-Da's teams. She attacks them, but only to find out they were a decoy. Lien-Da launches a rocket (via RPG) straight at Sonic, and Lara-Su realizes she is too late. However, Sonic and his family are saved at the last moment by Silver the Hedgehog.
- Aurora (Mentioned)
- Dark Presence
- Dr. Eggman (Mentioned)
- Echidna Security Team
- Mace (Mentioned)
- Manik Acorn
- Mazuri Separists (Mentioned)
- Melody Prower
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Mina Prower
- Sally Acorn
- Sasha Cat
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Skye Prower
- Silver the Hedgehog
- Sonia Acorn
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Roboticizer (Mentioned)
- Chaos Control
- First Robotnik War (Mentioned)
- Five Years of Peace (Mentioned)
- Great War (Mentioned)
- Second Robotnik War (Mentioned)
- Caricatures of writer Ian Flynn and Aleah Baker are featured in this issue.
- Figures resembling Dr. Eggman's robot lackeys from Sonic X (Decoe, Bocoe, and Bokkun) make cameo appearances in this issue in the same panel as Aleah Baker.
- The two homeless rabbits bear a resemblance to Cream the Rabbit and Vanilla the Rabbit.
- The symbol on the flag Shadow holds is the same one from the 2005 video game Shadow the Hedgehog.
- This issue marks the first time fan art has appeared in Sonic Universe and the very first appearance of "Fan Funnies."
- Dr. Eggman makes a cameo appearance as a doll in this issue.
- This is the first Sonic Universe issue that lacks an Off Panel.
- Silver's talk bubble is mistakenly outlined green.
- Sally mentions that she and Sonic are dining at Rory's, hinting that the character Rory Bear owns a restaurant in the Light Mobius zone.
- On page 16, Miles mispronounced "Royalty" as "Roalty".
- When Miles and Mina Prower noticed the missile fired at the royal family, Mina's muzzle is miscolored white instead of peach.