- "Scrambled" Part Three: Dr. Eggman has tracked his treasonous lackey, Snively, all the way to the Dragon Kingdom! Snively is out to rescue the love of his life, but will the embittered Iron Queen take him back? More importantly: will the Dragon Kingdom survive a visit from the good doctor?
Scrambled Part Three: Line in the Sand
- Writer: Ian Flynn
- Pencils: Jamal Peppers
- Inks: Jim Amash
- Colors: Steve Downer
- Letters: Jack Morelli
- Assistant Editor: Vincent Lovallo
- Editor: Paul Kaminski
- President: Mike Pellerito
- Editor-in-Chief: Victor Gorelick
- Special thanks to: Anthony Gaccione and Cindy Chau at SEGA Licensing
Dr. Eggman is visiting Conquering Storm at the Iron Fortress in the Dragon Kingdom. She demonstrates the power of her people, who are sparring, but Eggman is only impressed so far. He orders her to Legionize them, not only herself. When she says that it would be an insult to her clan's pride, he threatens her and the entire clan. He leaves her with that thought to have a talk with Regina. As he leaves, one of the clan members reminds Conquering Storm that she helped Snively a few hours ago.
In Stormtop Village, Snively knocks out Liu Fang, who was bringing Regina some food. She is a prisoner in a dried well. Snively descends and tells her of his leaving Eggman to rescue her. Regina nearly attacks him, spouting the truth that, when she was defeated, he ran right back to Eggman and that he would again. She coldly tells him to leave, more content with rotting than being disgraced by him again. As he leaves the well, the village's alarms are going off. Eggman's Stache Flyer is approaching, dropping bombs. Defiant, Snively runs to the woods where he has made preparations for the attack.
Eggman's robots chase down the village's people but are defeated by Monkey Khan. Khan drives straight for Eggman but is stopped by Mecha Sally. Leaving her to defeat Khan, Eggman finds Liu Chi Mei along with a group of captured villagers and who tell him where Regina is being kept. Mecha Sally, meanwhile, is having trouble against Khan, who is unwilling to attack her. He begins to hit her with lightning, trying to disable her. Eggman finds Regina's well and asks where Snively is, though she doesn't say. Mecha Sally attacks Khan with one final blast before shutting down and falling into his arms.
Worried, Khan turns to Eggman to discover the problem. He says that her power is low and that, within a few minutes, her reserve will also deplete and she'll be dead without another Power Ring. Khan gives up his crown, fashioned of a ring, and with it his powers. Sally jumps to life and grabs Khan by the throat. Orbot brings Eggman's Egg Mobile where a Command Crown is stashed. He fits it on Khan who is then put under his control.
Something shakes the land and the forest begins to fall apart. A giant suit of armor—the Iron Oni—leaves the forest's edge and scares off Eggman and his robots. The suit smashes Khan and Sally into some trees and pulls both the well and the prison cell attached to it from the ground. The Iron Oni breaks off a wall and Snively jumps in, again announcing his love and loyalty to Regina, this time describing all he's done in the past days. Regina forgives him and they kiss and then she commands him to destroy Dr. Eggman. The doctor, however, is prepared to fight back.
- Badnik Horde
- Dark Egg Legion
- Dr. Eggman
- G.U.N (mentioned)
- Free People
- Iron Queen
- Jun Kun (mentioned)
- Snively Robotnik
- Sonic the Hedgehog (mentioned)
- Yagyu Clan (mentioned)
- Prime Zone
- Boom-Fant (only appearance)
- Legionization (mentioned)
- Roboticization (mentioned)
- Magitek (mentioned)
- While approaching the Temple of the Golden Lotus, Eggman hums a portion of his theme song from Sonic Adventure 2.
Eggman is flying in the Death Egg when he collides with Knuckles on a flying Angel Island. An argument breaks out with Eggman shouting he had his turn signal on while Knuckles shouts that he had the right-of-way.
- The sign reading "NO FUN allowed!" seen on the Death Egg Mark 2 in the final panel is a reference to a similar infamous sign seen in Sonic the Hedgehog: Sonic's Shoes Blues.
- One of the medals Eggman is seen wearing on the cover is a reference to the logo of Ghostbusters.
- Another one of his medals resembles the SEGA Saturn logo.
- Eggman also has a medal that appears to be the Egg Beater.
- The front cover references the 1970 film, Patton.