- "Scrambled" Part Three: Dr. Eggman has tracked his treasonous lackey, Snively, all the way to the Dragon Kingdom! Snively is out to rescue the love of his life, but will the embittered Iron Queen take him back? More importantly: will the Dragon Kingdom survive a visit from the good doctor?
Scrambled Part Three: Line in the Sand
- Writer: Ian Flynn
- Pencils: Jamal Peppers
- Inks: Jim Amash
- Colors: Steve Downer
- Letters: Jack Morelli
- Assistant Editor: Vincent Lovallo
- Editor: Paul Kaminski
- President: Mike Pellerito
- Editor-in-Chief: Victor Gorelick
- Special thanks to: Anthony Gaccione and Cindy Chau at SEGA Licensing
Dr. Eggman is visiting Conquering Storm at the Iron Fortress in the Dragon Kingdom. She demonstrates the power of her people, who are sparring, but Eggman is only impressed so far. He orders her to Legionize them, not only herself. When she says that it would be an insult to her clan's pride, he threatens her and the entire clan. He leaves her with that thought to have a talk with Regina. As he leaves, one of the clan members reminds Conquering Storm that she helped Snively a few hours ago.
In Stormtop Village, Snively knocks out Liu Fang, who was bringing Regina some food. She is a prisoner in a dried well. Snively descends and tells her of his leaving Eggman to rescue her. Regina nearly attacks him, spouting the truth that, when she was defeated, he ran right back to Eggman and that he would again. She coldly tells him to leave, more content with rotting than being disgraced by him again. As he leaves the well, the village's alarms are going off. Eggman's Stache Flyer is approaching, dropping bombs. Defiant, Snively runs to the woods where he has made preparations for the attack.
Eggman's robots chase down the village's people but are defeated by Monkey Khan. Khan drives straight for Eggman but is stopped by Mecha Sally. Leaving her to defeat Khan, Eggman finds Liu Chi Mei along with a group of captured villagers and who tell him where Regina is being kept. Mecha Sally, meanwhile, is having trouble against Khan, who is unwilling to attack her. He begins to hit her with lightning, trying to disable her. Eggman finds Regina's well and asks where Snively is, though she doesn't say. Mecha Sally attacks Khan with one final blast before shutting down and falling into his arms.
Worried, Khan turns to Eggman to discover the problem. He says that her power is low and that, within a few minutes, her reserve will also deplete and she'll be dead without another Power Ring. Khan gives up his crown, fashioned of a ring, and with it his powers. Sally jumps to life and grabs Khan by the throat. Orbot brings Eggman's Egg Mobile where a Command Crown is stashed. He fits it on Khan who is then put under his control.
Something shakes the land and the forest begins to fall apart. A giant suit of armor—the Iron Oni—leaves the forest's edge and scares off Eggman and his robots. The suit smashes Khan and Sally into some trees and pulls both the well and the prison cell attached to it from the ground. The Iron Oni breaks off a wall and Snively jumps in, again announcing his love and loyalty to Regina, this time describing all he's done in the past days. Regina forgives him and they kiss and then she commands him to destroy Dr. Eggman. The doctor, however, is prepared to fight back.
- Badnik Horde
- Dark Egg Legion
- Dr. Eggman
- Guardian Units of the Nation (mentioned)
- Free People
- Iron Queen
- Jun Kun (mentioned)
- Snively Robotnik
- Sonic the Hedgehog (mentioned)
- Yagyu Clan (mentioned)
Races and species:
- Prime Zone
- Boom-Fant (only appearance)
- Dragon Kingdom
- Legionization (mentioned)
- Roboticization (mentioned)
- Magitek (mentioned)
- While approaching the Temple of the Golden Lotus, Eggman hums a portion of his theme song from Sonic Adventure 2.
- This story is the first time Eggman uses his distinct "Ho-Ho-Ho" laugh from the Sonic video games.
- This story marks the final appearances of the Bride of the Conquering Storm, Liu Fang, Lui Chi Mei, and Li Moon before the removal of the old reality characters due to Ken Penders' lawsuit.
The Death Egg Mark 2 and Angel Island collide with each other in the sky. Dr. Eggman shouts from the control panel that Knuckles should watch where he is going because he had his turn signal on. Knuckles, who is piloting the island and wearing a hat and scarf, argues that he had the right of way calling Eggman a road-hog. Knuckles continues to shout censored words at the Death Egg Mark 2, while Eggman's bumper stickers are shown on the side of the craft.
Races and species:
- The sign reading "NO FUN allowed!" seen on the Death Egg Mark 2 in the final panel is a reference to a similar infamous sign seen in Sonic the Hedgehog: Sonic's Shoes Blues.
- Conquering Storm: We pride ourselves on our strengths, sir. To be legionized would go against our life's philosophy. It would be the ultimate dishonor to anyone lesser than me.
- Eggman: Ahhh... I see now. And I don't care! You're part of my Dark Egg Legion. You're all to be Legionized. Otherwise, I'll wipe your clan off the map.
- Eggman: Listen up! We're going to play a little game. I'm going ask you where the Iron Queen is being held, and every time you stall or delay, an Egg-Swat will shoot--
- Female villager: She's in the dried up well at the end of the village.
- Eggman: You're no fun.
- Eggman: You even have an interest in machines! But then you have to ruin it with that horribly unscientific "techi-magic".
- Regina: "Techno-mancy". And it is an ancient art almost lost to our people.
- Eggman: Yeah, well, good riddance.
- Regina: Mmm--hmmm--hmmm--would my Snivy-Kins do just one more little thing for his adoring queen?
- Snively: Anything, my sweet! Just name it!
- Regina: DESTROY DR. EGGMAN!!
- Snively: With pleasure!
- Orbot: It's been nice working with you, boss.
- Eggman: Oh-ho-ho! I've not yet begun to fight!
- One of the medals Eggman is seen wearing on the cover is a reference to the logo of Ghostbusters.
- One of the medals Eggman is seen wearing on the cover resembles the Sega Saturn logo.
- One of the medals Eggman is seen wearing on the cover appears to based on an Eggman bomb from Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
- The front cover references the 1970 film, Patton.
- The logo for the issue number is changed, this goes also for the regular series.