- "Babylon Rising" Part Four: Babylon Garden has been found! New Mobotropolis is under siege! The Battle Bird Armada attacks from the sky, and Sonic the Hedgehog enters into a desperate race against the Babylon Rogues! As chaos reigns, an ancient secret will be revealed that could destroy not only the cities, but the entire world! You cannot miss the stunning conclusion to artistic legend Tracy Yardley's debut Sonic Universe arc!
Babylon Rising Part Four: Resurrection
- Script & Pencils: Tracy Yardley
- Inks: Jim Amash
- Letters: Jack Morelli
- Colors: Steve Downer
- Editor: Paul Kaminski
- Editor-in-Chief: Victor Gorelick
- President: Mike Pellerito
- Special thanks to: Anthony Gaccione and Cindy Chau at SEGA Licensing
The Babylon Rogues rush to the former site of Castle Acorn, now a deep crater. As they descend, betraying the Battle Bird Armada, Sonic is approaching at high speed, having broken free of the anti-gravity bubble he had been briefly trapped in. He attacks the Rogues in mid-fall, only to be trapped in the bubble again once they hit the bottom. The Rogues continue on, knowing Sonic will be free soon. They find the city and its control center. As Jet combines the cube-like key and the ring, the cube flies out of his hands and into a slot. A robot connected to the controls comes to life, the city now being powered by the cube.
The robot answers some of the Rogues' questions, revealing that the Babylonians are actually aliens, and the Babylon Garden was a way to transfer Chaos Emeralds and other powerful gems across the universe. He also says that Eggman's A.I. "son" A.D.A.M. actually detected and wanted to tap into the power of the Gardens, one of the reasons the original nanites were released. The Garden itself is a spaceship. Sonic bursts into the room, hurting the Rogues. The robot then begins to pilot the ship and initiate its teleportation cycle to return to the homeworld and be repaired. However, doing so will result in a black hole that will destroy the planet. Jet tries to stop it, but doesn't have the proper clearance. Outside, the Battle Bird Armada attempts to grapple onto the Gardens and hold on so that it doesn't escape their grasp, and the Battle Lord sends Speedy to stop the Rogues, though he is easily stopped.
Sonic takes and destroys the key, sending the Garden and the Armada's ship crashing into some mountains. Sonic escapes through a door and rushes to the outskirts of New Mobotropolis to talk with Rotor Walrus. Rotor is controlling the nanites manually to rebuild the city, though without Nicole it will take significantly longer. In the mountains, the Babylon Rogues recover and escape before the Armada can capture them. Jet says that now he has the goal of becoming the fastest thing in the universe.
- A.D.A.M. (portrait)
- Babylon Rogues
- Battle Bird Armada
- Dr. Eggman (portrait)
- Elias Acorn
- Knothole Freedom Fighters
- Ixis Naugus
- Prime Zone
- Battle Fortress
- Chaos Emerald
- Chili dog
- Extreme Gear
- Flight Harness
- Gravity Ring
- Key to Babylon Garden
- Omni Link Scanner (only appearance)
- Sonic's sneakers
- This issue takes place between Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 232 - Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 233.
- Storm originally mistakes Wave's Omni Link Scanner for a "Gamebird Advance", a direct parody of the Game Boy Advance.
Jet, Wave and Storm are seen on their Extreme Gears. Jet is happy to see that the trio have finally found the Babylon Garden. However, they have really found an ordinary garden with a farmer growing butter beans. The trio are speechless.
Interior page artwork