- Celebrate 20 years of Sonic the Hedgehog comics with this very special edition of the Sonic Super Special Magazine! Join the party and grab yourself a front row seat to this collection of Sonic-comic firsts, greatest moments, and highlights from the longest-running video game-inspired comic book series in history! Over 100 pages of comics, news, and features, available for the first time in one place in this deluxe, magazine-sized collection! Also featured is an exclusive interview with the longest-running artist still working on the Sonic comics today - inker Jim Amash!
Unburying the Hatchet
Uncle Chuck's Treasure!
Sorceress in Distress
Tails' Taste of Power!
- News Flash: Focuses on the then upcoming Worlds Collide crossover and the accompanying Free Comic Book Day issue. Includes a checklist of the issues included in the crossover.
- Graphic Novel Checklist: lists upcoming graphic novel releases, along with an advertisement for the Sonic Super Digest books.
- Review: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.
- A preview of the then upcoming Sonic Universe #50.
- Journey to the East Featurette: a write-up to promote Sonic Universe Volume 4: Journey to the East.
- Character Profile:
- Sonic the Hedgehog (taken from Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia)
- Miles "Tails" Prower (taken from Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia)
- Sally Acorn (taken from Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia)
- Antoine D'Coolette (taken from Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia)
- Snively Robotnik (taken from Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia)
- The Badnik Horde (taken from Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia)
- Sand Blast City Freedom Fighters (taken from Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia)
- Sonic Comic Timeline Part 6 (final part)
- Interview with Matt Herms
- This is the first issue in the Sonic Super Special Magazine series to feature a fan art page.
- Although the official solicits, in-book previews, and original cover stated that the magazine would include parts of Return to Angel Island and other Chaotix-related stories, the released version of the magazine instead included selections from the Iron Dominion saga. This was most likely due to the issue being released at the height of the Ken Penders legal case, as most Chaotix-related stories were either written by Penders, or included characters of his that were under dispute at the time.
- Due to the Ken Penders case, the stories featured in this issue were subject to numerous edits to remove lines of dialogue or, in one case, an entire page featuring the disputed characters or concepts. Oddly, despite these changes, the final installment of the Mobius Timeline (which depicted several disputed characters) was left unedited.
- In "Iron Dominion: Part 2", the entire ninth page, in which Lien-Da appeared, was removed. On page 10, the second half of her line, as continued from the previous page, is also removed.
- The final page of "Thicker Than Water: Part 2", which featured Alicia Acorn and a mention of Geoffrey St. John, was removed.
- In "Hindsight", Snively's mention of the Dark Egg Legion is changed to simply "your (Eggman's) army".
- Oddly, despite this edit, all mentions of the Dark Egg Legion throughout "Thicker Than Water" are left intact.
- Unrelated to the Penders case, the opening pages of "Iron Dominion: Part 2" and both parts of "Thicker Than Water" had their original "Welcome to the planet Mobius" headings changed to the currently used "Welcome to Sonic's comic book adventures" headings. The reason for this change is unknown, considering this change would never be made again in subsequent issues.
- Oddly, the "planet Mobius" heading for "Journey to the East: Part 1" is left unchanged.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.