- This month the Sonic Super Special Magazine really packs a punch! The first ever Sonic comic magazine in Archie history returns with over 100 pages of comics, news, and features, with a special spotlight on Sonic and Knuckles! Pack up for a journey to the east, return to the mysterious Angel Island, and do battle with Mammoth Mogul alongside the Chaotix, available for the first time in one place in this deluxe, magazine-sized, quarterly collection!
Friend in Deed - Part One
Friend in Deed - Part Two
Iron Dominion - Part 2
Journey to the East - Part One: Endless Reach of Fate
Thicker than Water - Part One
Thicker than Water - Part Two
A Timely Arrival!
- Sonic Super Special Review: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
- Character Profile: Sand Blast City Freedom Fighters
- The area featured in the background on the front cover resembles Rail Canyon from Sonic Heroes.
- Despite statements from official solicits, in-book previews, and original cover saying that the magazine would include parts of the "Return to Angel Island" storyline and Chaotix and Mammoth Mogul-related stories, the released version of the magazine instead featured selections from the Iron Dominion saga.
- This issue would have included stories from the Return from Angel Island saga and more Chaotix stories, but due to the Archie-Penders case that went on since January 2013, the stories were changed to promote upcoming stories of the current Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Universe issues, such as the Thicker than Water and the last parts of the Iron Dominion saga.
- "Journey to the East - Part One: Endless Reach of Fate" features only a selection of the pages from the story.
- In some of the Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Universe stories featured in this magazine, there have been done edits to the stories that differs from their original print. In two instances, the word "Dark Egg Legion" is replaced with "Eggman's army", and the word "Mobius" is replaced with "Sonic's Comic Book Adventures" at the beginning of most of the stories. However, there are still a vast majority of mentions of both the Dark Egg Legion and Mobius left intact. Also, the reprint of Sonic the Hedgehog #209 is missing a page, namely the one that included Lien-Da, which is most likely related to the Ken Penders's case.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.