- This issue features some editorial changes to the original stories, including "fixing" Sally's color scheme and changing all instances of "Boomer" to "Rotor".
- Sonic Super Special #3 and the graphic novel are the same, except for a few changes:
- Sonic Firsts is made with higher-grade paper
- Sonic Firsts includes a cover gallery on the last page with all four issues from which the stories are printed and an introduction by former editor Paul Castiglia. These were removed for this issue, replaced by a "Sonic Checklist" of back order issues.
- Other than the inside front cover, both sides of the back cover, and the "Sonic Checklist" back issue order form, this issue has no advertisements or editorial pages in order to fit all four stories within forty-eight pages.
- A complete readable version of this comic is available in Sonic Mega Collection and Sonic Mega Collection Plus.