The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
- Sonic Super Digest is BACK! Sonic the Hedgehog’s adventures are now available in the popular digest format. Where Sonic Super Special Magazine leaves off, this quarterly digest collection picks up, with even more classic adventure from the Sonic comic library! This issue hosts a special spotlight on Knuckles and the Chaotix, as secrets from the mysterious floating island abound! Perfect for fans new and old, Sonic Super Digest collects tons of comic stories, coloring pages, bonus content, and features an all-new cover by Sonic Artist Supreme Tracy Yardley! Get SUPER!
Crash of the Titans
Invaders from Beyond
Don't Let the Island Hit You on the Way Down!
Mogul Rising - Part One: Needful Things
Mogul Rising - Part Two: Devil's Due
Time for a Comeback
- Sonic Super Digest pin-up page: An edited pin up page of Sonic the Hedgehog #173's front cover with images of Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Dr. Eggman in the Egg Mobile added to it.
- A Super Welcome!: This feature is an introduction and look at what to expect in this issue.
- Super Spotlight: Meet Knuckles the Echidna: The Rad Red Guardian!: The feature gives a spotlight on Knuckles the Echidna.
- Professor Pickles Nature Notebook: This feature presents Professor Pickle and his assistant Cucumber who are studying the many animals of Mobius. This issue: the Echidna.
- Team Chaotix: This feature gives a spotlight on Knuckles and the Chaotix.
- Global Gateway: The feature presents Wentos the Traveling Salesmen and his Chao puppet as they take a look at Mobius' many locations. This issue: Knuckles' floating home, Angel Island.
- Endless Arcade: This feature takes a look at the digitally released video game Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II with the story "Time for a Comeback" from Sonic Super Special Magazine #3 accompanying it.
- On an earlier version of the cover, a ring featuring Knuckles appeared below the Chaotix. According to Jon Gray, this was removed simply to make room for the barcode. This removed art was instead used as interior art on the "Nature Notebook" segment.
- This issue and the Sonic Super Special Magazine #6 have Knuckles and the Chaotix-based stories due the "Chaotix Quest" Sonic Universe arc (which takes place Sonic Universe #46 through Sonic Universe #49) and the "Endangered Species" Sonic the Hedgehog comic series arc (which takes place Sonic the Hedgehog #243 through Sonic the Hedgehog #246).
- After just two issues, this issue would end up being the last to feature most of the bonus features. Specifically the introduction and index pages, Nature Notebook, Global Gateway, and Endless Arcade. The specially-made data files would make their final appearance in the next issue.
- Like Sonic Super Special Magazine #6, the content of this issue was given a noticeably overhaul due to the legal case between Ken Penders and Archie Comics at that point. Original solicits promised the last two parts of the "Return to Angel Island" arc being included, but those were cut. The stories included where those that did not feature Ken Penders characters. Additionally, Knuckles' character profile appeared as rewritten to imply that Knuckles had never met his people, the profile on the Chaotix makes no mention of Julie-Su and Saffron Bee, and a map of Angel Island refers to certain locations in vague terms: the ruins of Echidnaopolis are labeled as "City Ruins".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.