- This miniseries takes place between Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 20 — Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 21
Deadliest of the Species - Part Two
- Writer: Mike Kanterovich and Ken Penders
- Pencils: Art Mawhinney
- Inks: Rich Koslowski
- Colors: Barry Grossman
- Letters: Mindy Eisman
- Editor: Scott Fulop
- Managing Editor: Victor Gorelick
- Editor-in-chief: Richard Goldwater
Geoffrey St. John and Hamlin are sparring with foam batons while Dylan, Penelope, and Arlo watch, concerned that they'll hurt each other. As the spar, Geoffery says the only reason Hamlin is made is because he got the interest of the Princess before Hamlin did. After Geoffrey knocks him over, Princess Sally rushes in and knocks Geoffrey over, telling him that as long as he is with them he has to play by her rules and that they cannot have in-fighting. Geoffrey sheepishly apologizes and the group plans its next attack. The final substation is located on an atoll that they can't reach directly, so Sally leads the team up a cliff-side for their alternate transportation. Once on top, Sally tells them to assemble the stealth aircraft in their backpacks, or as Rotor calls them, hang-gliders.
As they sail across to the atoll, an anti-air cannon takes aim at them. Arlo's hang-glider is hit and he crashes into a tree. Sally tells the group to ditch their gliders and press forward, despite Hamlin's protests. Hamlin goes back and finds Arlo not very far behind them. Penelope decides to stick behind and care for Arlo's broken leg while the rest of the group continues toward the substation.
Outside the substation, Geoffrey feels like they're being watched, but Sally tells him to ignore it. The group breaks in and starts placing explosives around the room when Sally is suddenly snatched up by an Octo-Pod. While the robot is busy grabbing Hamlin and Dylan, Geoffrey sets his bomb on the robot's underside. Sally sprays paint into the robot's eyes, causing it to let go of her and the rest of the group. They escape the building just before the Octo-Pod, and the station, explodes.
The group heads back to pick up Arlo and Penelope to discover they are missing. Dylan notices that their tracks suddenly stop, prompting Sally to suggest they need to get out of the area as soon as possible. Hamlin asks the princess if she is lost her mind, but she asks him to be reasonable and suggests they made their way back camp. When they arrive, though, Arlo and Penelope are nowhere in sight. Later that night, Geoffrey kidnaps Princess Sally and takes her to the room where another Sally is being kept. He reports to Dr. Robotnik, revealing that he's a double agent. The other Sally wakes up, and by the next morning has taken Sally's place in the team.
The next day, the remaining members of the group attack the outskirts of Robotropolis. Before they head into the city, Hamlin asks her where Geoffrey has gone, and Sally simply replies that he's probably finishing up some last minute details. Back in Robotropolis, Geoffrey carts the sleeping Sally to Robotnik, who reveals the Sally outside is actually a robotic clone. Robotnik explains with Sally robotisized, the rebellion will fall.
- Auto Automaton (First appearance)
- Arlo Armadillo
- Badnik Horde
- SWATbot (multiple)
- Dylan Porcupine
- Doctor Robotnik
- Knothole Freedom Fighters
- Octo-Pod (First appearance)
- Penelope Platypus
- Rebel Underground
- Sally's vest alternates between purple and blue in this issue. This is a hint that one Sally is a fake.
- The concept of a robotic duplicate of Sally was previously used in the Sonic the Hedgehog TV series, in the episode "Sonic and Sally".
- Sonic the Hedgehog Back Issue Offer: A comic subscription page for subscribing to:
- 6 to 12 future issue of the main Sonic the Hedgehog comic book series.
- Sonic the Hedgehog In Your Face!
- All four issues of the Sonic the Hedgehog miniseries (issue 1 and issue 3 are sold out).
- All three issues of the Princess Sally miniseries.
- Issue 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 of the main Sonic the Hedgehog comic book series.
- Sally-Grams: A "Sally version" of Sonic-Grams that includes: