King of the Hill Part Three of Three: To the Death
- Writer & Pencils: Ken Penders
- Inks: Harvey Mercadoocasio
- Colors: Frank Gagliardo
- Letters: Vickie Williams
- Editor & Art Director: J. F. Gabrie
- Managing editor: Victor Gorelick
- Editor-in-chief: Richard Goldwater
Knuckles and Monk continue to elude themselves from Hunter, when Knuckles reveals a hidden passage underneath the Floating Island. They come to a waterfall at the end of the sewer passage and he is pushed down by Monk. Knuckles manages to glide down with ease, while Monk dives down into the water. Monk jumps out of the water, when he realizes that the collars are starting to hurt. Knuckles stops his tracks and introduces Monk to the area, known as Hydro City. He was told that it was constructed before Echidnaopolis and there hasn't been anyone down there since. From above, Hunter continues tracking them following their footprints with his goggles, when he notices they have disappeared. He hears water underneath and is amused that they may make a challenge of the hunt. Meanwhile, Locke and Archimedes are searching Hunter's craft to find who is jamming their systems. They notice a console in the craft, which turns out to be a bomb. Locke panics and tries to deactivate the bomb, but instead is teleported out by Archimedes when it goes off.
Hunter moves closer to Knuckles and Monk, tracking them down with the torch that Monk is holding. Knuckles realizes and throws the torch into the water they move through the tunnel away from Hunter. Hunter moves into a crowded area with pipes, remarking how he is feeling exhilaration from the hunt. Knuckles and Monk move across the pipes when Hunter strikes Knuckles. He falls off the pipes and is hurt by the blast and the collar. He manages to keep focus and grabs hold of a pipe to stop his fall. Monk leaps down on Hunter, and attacks in rage for him to take the collar off. He tries to wear him out as the collar causes immense pain, until he falls off the pipes and is killed. Knuckles watches him fall and yells at Hunter. He is shocked that the pain isn't affecting Knuckles, when suddenly the collar snaps. Knuckles unleashes his anger and manages to unleash his chaos energy powers on Hunter. Locke and Archimedes teleport into the area soon after and notice Hunter, as well as Knuckles next to Monk. Later in Haven, Locke and Knuckles watch Hunter trapped in a prison pad, with Knuckles bitterly saying that he hopes Hunter rots for who he has killed.
Espio the Chameleon Part Three: The Worst of Enemies
- Writer: Ken Penders
- Pencils: Colleen Doran
- Inks: Andrew Pepoy
- Colors: Frank Gagliardo
- Letters: Vickie Williams
- Editor: J. F. Gabrie
Espio agrees to helping the roboticized Valdez and Liza to obtain the Chaos Emerald, but wants them to release the chameleons first. He refuses and commands Espio to take them to Knuckles and the emerald. He leads them, as well as the Shadowbots through the wilderness; Valdez reminding Espio to not pull any tricks. Espio still tries to reason with Valdez, when Espio leads them to ruins. He tells them that Knuckles keeps the Chaos Emerald in the sewer system underneath the city. The robots discuss among themselves in a different language and asks Espio to lead the way. Espio leads them down, until he disappears. Valdez warns Espio to appear, but is caught in a trapdoor and falls to the lower levels. Espio forces Valdez into the nearby water and they begin fighting. Their fight takes them underwater as Liza and the Shadowbots watch from above, seeing no sign of either of them. Meanwhile, Espio finds the captured chameleons being guarded by more robots on a craft and frees them. They ask about Valdez, but Espio replies that he won't bother them anymore. The craft is destroyed behind them and Espio states that they can't let Robotnik drag the Floating Island into their mess and leads them to warn everyone.
Knuckles, in a tired state, showers and gets dressed while J. F. Gabrie tells him to "shake a leg" when he goes out. When Knuckles goes to a conference room, greeted by paparazzi asking him many questions about his experience in a particular fight. Gabrie tells everyone to calm down as he wouldn't be going anywhere while Knuckles thought to himself on how much he hated post-fight news conferences.
- Pin-Up Coloring Page: A Pro Art by Ron Lim and Andrew Pepoy that readers can color and hang up on their wall.
- This cover is the last part in a three-part image.
- If the series continued, the 33rd and 34th issues would have been about Knuckles side of the Sonic Adventure videogame adaption (as stated in a Sonic Grams message). With the cancellation of the series, these two stories where instead split into four different stories which where published as backup stories in StH#79-82. An early cover design for the first of these two issues also exists, which heavily resembles the cover of Sonic the Hedgehog #80.
- Hunter would wind up being imprisoned in a prison pod by Dr. Eggman until Eggman decided to use him to find the Master Emerald. (StH: #140, #141)
- Knuckles defeats Hunter by unleashing the primal chaos energy force from his body. This would later lead up to his transformation into Chaos Knuckles from the force within his body.