"An Enemy in Need" is the fifty-sixth episode of the anime series, Sonic X. It first aired on 14 March 2005 and 1 October 2005 in France and the United States respectively.
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Amy Rose
- Cream the Rabbit
- Christopher Thorndyke
- Dr. Eggman
- Rouge the Bat
- E-33 Buball
- Egg Mars (only appearance)
- Metarex Jumpee (only appearance)
- "Gotta Go Fast" - Opening theme (USA and CAN)
- "Sonic X" - Opening theme (AUS, NZ and UK)
- "Gotta Go Fast" (shortened) - Closing theme
After saving the planet in the previous episode, Sonic and his friends are thanked in a feast. Dr. Eggman is watching the scene and he thinks about his next scheme to take away the Chaos Emerald. Bokkun suggests a plan to Eggman, but the evil doctor does not notice that it has been elaborated by Rouge, who made her way to the Crimson Egg and blackmailed Bokkun with his heart-shaped locket and threatened to show everyone the picture inside it.
Eggman soon finds Knuckles and he tries to persuade him that he did not want to be a bad person anymore, and he wishes to leave the planet by using a Chaos Emerald. Knuckles believes him and he finds the others in order to take the Emerald they just found and to give it to Eggman. Sonic and the rest of the gang disagrees, pointing out that Eggman had lied to Knuckles before and now he is lying to Knuckles all over again and no matter what, Eggman will never change his ways. This fall on deaf ears as Knuckles plans on giving the Emerald to Eggman, Sonic and Knuckles engage in a fight, much to Cosmo's dismay. Taking advantage of the situation, Eggman almost takes the Emerald, but he is stopped by Amy and the others. Then, a giant robot controlled by Bocoe and Decoe appears suddenly and it captures Cosmo. Eggman summons Sonic to give him the Emerald and he would let Cosmo go away, while slyly revealing that Knuckles fell for his trick once again. Sonic pulls out the "I told you so" card to Knuckles as Knuckles gets angry at Eggman for deceiving him. This creates a chance for Rouge to steal the Chaos Emerald, but at the same moment, a frog-shaped Metarex rises from the ground and it grabs the Emerald. Eggman let Cosmo go and he engages a fight against the Metarex. However, Eggman is defeated. It's Sonic's turn to fight the Metarex and, with the help of the Sonic Power Cannon and Chris' trick, the blue hedgehog is victorious. The episode ends as Knuckles apologizes for being fooled by Eggman.
- Amy's dialogue to Cream in the scene where Cosmo tries to get everybody's attention to stop Sonic and Knuckles from fighting differs between regions. In the English dub, Amy asks Cream if her boots make her legs look too skinny, but in the Japanese version, Amy asks Cream if her butt is bruised.
- The scene where the planet inhabitants throw a celebration for the heroes was cut short in the dub, only showing Chris and Sonic being thrown into the air and cutting out the rest.
- Rouge's cleavage is removed in the dub as she tempts Bokkun.
- The scene where Bokkun accidentally sabotages Eggman's plan was removed in the dub.
- A flashback border is added to the scene with Eggman thinking about Knuckles' sense of ignorance in the dub. Strangely, parts of it are also filtered in the English version.
- The scene where the Metarex Jumpee gives some exposition about itself was cut in the dub.
- At one point, Cosmo yells "Please, stop!" in the original. She does not in the dub and the animation of her saying that is replaced with recycled animation of her staring ahead.
- When Chris targets the Metarex Jumpee, the 'LOCK ON' text is blanked out in the dub.
- When Amy explains how Eggman tricked Knuckles, his eyes are green for the moment, instead of purple.
Title in other languages
|Japanese||Dr.エッグマン参戦！||Dr. Eggman Joins the War!|
|Chinese||蛋頭博士加入戰爭！||Dr. Egghead Joins the War!|
|French||Robotnik part en guerre||Robotnik goes to war|
|German||Ein Feind braucht Hilfe||An enemy needs help|
|Italian||Il ritorno del dottor Eggman||The return of Dr. Eggman|
|Spanish||¡Dr Eggman irrumpe en la batalla!||Dr. Eggman breaks into battle!|
|Polish||Wróg w potrzebie||An enemy in need|
|Russian||Появление Доктора Эггмана!||Doctor Eggman appears!|