The Air Charm is an object that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. They are necklaces from Meropis that allow underwater traversing for air breathers.
The Air Charms are necklaces with grey stones with a water drop motif on them. They have the ability to let those that wield them breathe underwater. Additionally, they also allow the wielders to speak underwater and prevents them from getting wet. However they are required to be recharged through an unknown process after extensive usage or their properties will wear off.
When Coral the Betta wished for Sonic the Hedgehog, Amy Rose, and Rotor the Walrus to be brought to her, Razor the Shark provided them with Air Charms to them so they could travel with him to Coral underwater. Sonic and Amy later used them again when they were brought to King Puff and Queen Angelica in Meropis. When Dark Gaia Creatures later invaded Meropis, Sonic and Rotor took some Air Charms to fight undersea, but because those were not fully charged, they began failing in the midst of battle.
- When the characters in the comics are using the Air Charms, their speech balloons are drawn with a brighter outline.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #260, "Waves of Change - Part One: First Ripples"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #262, "Waves of Change - Part Three: Terror in the Deep"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #261, "Waves of Change - Part Two: Current Events"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #91, "The Case of the Pirate Princess Part One: Dial "C" for Chaotix"