AGES is a character that appears in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, representing both the game and Sega as a whole. It speaks in various soundbites from Daytona USA, Sega consoles and After Burner Climax. It is modeled after several different Sega items (both in-game and real life), most noticeably as two different Dreamcast consoles.
AGES is a Dreamcast VMU (Visual Memory Unit) which can literally transform into trademarks of Sega's past. It starts most races off as a Hornet Stock Car from Daytona USA, then when it hits water, it transforms into a Dreamcast controller. When it flies off into the air, it becomes an F-14 Tomcat from After Burner. Its home track is Race of AGES.
- "AGES" is "SEGA" spelled backwards.
- Its name is a reference to an early European marketing strategy motto used by Sega from the late 1980's to early 1990's: To Be This Good takes AGES/To Be This Good takes SEGA.
- When transforming, it can either emit the trademark "SEGA!" soundbite, the end of the Japanese Sega Saturn boot-up jingle, or the SEGA Master System boot-up sound.
- In its plane and car forms, AGES communicates through radio transmissions (After Burner and Daytona USA, respectively). In its boat form, AGES communicates through sounds from the Dreamcast's start up menu, the VMU's infamous no battery beep, and the Dreamcast's infamously loud disk reader noises.
- The real-life VMU had the Dreamcast's signature swirl next to the word "Dreamcast"; this is absent in Racing Transformed for unknown reasons.
- The Dreamcast's swirl can, however, be seen at the top of the Dreamcast controller used for the boat form, and even changes colors between the North American and European versions of the game to reflect the difference between the Dreamcast's logo in the two regions.
- The Hornet form is based on a Chevrolet Lumina Nascar.