So a while ago, we had a rule about crossover characters having to make two playable appearances as a main character. Then, Worlds Collide came and we had a lot of unplayable Mega Man characters. So we restructured the rule so that any character that appears in two games, two comic books or two TV episodes. But the problem with that is that could potentially flood the wiki with a whole bunch of Non-Sonic content. And that actually justifies my want to put Smash Bros characters in the SNN. How about a rewrite of the crossover rules?
- There would be an appearance points system in regards to crossover characters. 3 points for playable appearances in a game with Sonic as a playable character and 1 point for an unplayable/other media character with Sonic as a main character. Cameos by the subject or Sonic get no points.
- Any new crossover character pages from now on start in the userspace, where the user will work on them until they are ready for the mainspace. To be ready, they must be good quality and must have 5 appearance points.
- When a character is ready, there will be a vote on the talk page on whether we want the page in the mainspace or not. If the character passes they'll be moved to the mainspace with the necessary tweaks in the transition. If it fails, the owner may continue working on it or give up and put a delete banner on the page.
- Anyone can help edit in other people's crossover pages.
- There can't be competing crossover userpages. If two people want to work on the same character, they'll have to help eachother out.